FTA Satellite 2012

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
What will we be seeing in 2012 on FTA satellite?

I predict that we will be seeing additional MeTV channels on FTA satellite in 2012 and programming improvements on existing RTV channels. It's going to be a great year!

For fun I'm going to begin making a list of added channels appearing and channels disappearing on FTA satellite during 2012 and will share my results in December.

We need to think positive now. :)

I think it's going to be a great year for FTA satellite. Not only for programming, but equipment as well.

I predict that we will be seeing additional MeTV channels on FTA satellite in 2012
MeTV is a national channel. There is really only 2 feeds out there
The main channel
the "someone else has the rights to _____________ show so we have to show something else" feed

The only difference right now on MeTV affiliates is the ID and once in a while local commercials (which are hard cut like they are on cable/sat where a commercial starts then a second in a hard cut to a local commercial)

I'd like to see Antenna TV either unencrypted or on KU Band

Maybe a new company start up and buy some smaller stations and have them on satellite (ala Equity)

I agree with Ice I'd like to see Antenna TV somewhere. I think we'll see fewer channels again this year though. I'm interested in the new receiver in February though, and what RTV is up too. Blind

Two new channels on 97W Ku so far this year, the Dare To Dream channel that Brian talked about and a Glorystar promo channel.

The only other new full-time channel I've found so far on Ku is TV Cordoba Internacional on Hispasat.

Wild Guesses:

- More lo-fi channels on 97, replacing other lo-fi channels that folded.
- An English TV News Channel or two on 97 from a non-Western country (i.e. PressTV or CCTV9)
- A fun channel that's left unencrypted for months on end on a DSS satellite or similar service.
-- Much bemoaning "the end of FTA" once that channel is re-encrypted.
- More sports and National News Feeds switching to HD and S2.
- At least one national anchor yelling at an intern or swearing under their breath during the 2012 political conventions. (Watched Chris Matthews eat a pizza and argue w/ 9-11 conspiracy theorists in 08. That was kind of fun.)

What would be awesome (but less likely):

- PB&J coming to Ku
- Some of the 97 Channels trying out HD
- Consistent games from the MLB and NFL
- Montana PBS finally going HD, getting a better signal
- ABCNews Now beefs up and moves away from its "lifestyle" fluff news and becomes a good alternative to the screamers on FOX/MSNBC
- Big name international channels (BBC, NHK, France24, ChannelNews Asia) show up on FTA
- At least one of the major anchors drunk and belligerent, forced off with a substitute moments before air. (Just once...please?)

I guess you didn't see that News Now has left satellite -- not that I miss it, it was pretty boring as you said.

KTV is on 12094 H 27500.

I have 6 ITC TV channels on 12174, counting the two copies of TV Marti.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

help

VOTE NOW IN THE SATELLITEGUYS BEST OF 2011 AWARD!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)