FTA and high speed internet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Is it possible to get high speed internet using your FTA system? Is there any service available that compares to cable's speed and pricing?

I had Direcpc (AKA Direcway) one-way service for about two years. I still use their dish and LNBF for FTA... it was pretty price, and of latency was an issue, making surfing painful at times. Overall, it was not a pleasant experience, but it was the only way to get anything past really poor modem speeds out here in the boonies.

Now, there are at least 8 wireless providers offering service in my area, which I started using about a year ago. Much better!

I used to have AOL Plus one way system, it was GREAT the download speeds were incredible. As the users fell by the wayside it just got better and better until they decided to turn it off. I also used to install them. Still have 2-3 of the dish left!

That is what I had.... it was just rebranded DWAY. First year was AOL+, second was DWAY after AOL quit reselling. The new modem direcway sent me during the transition was the exact same one I already owned...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Satellite dish?

Korean Channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)