From IA5 to IA6

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TonyDTV

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Been watching these foriegn chan. for a while on my Pansat 2500A now I would like to try news feeds so I tried to align the dish for IA6 which I was told you can get alot of News here. Well no joy on the pointing of the dish,I check the plumb,cable connections but rcv only has 77% sig/zero quality. Any advice?

Do a blind scan!

If you think you are close to the satellite try the above then if you do find any channels/TP. you can tweak the dish to get the maximum signal "quality"

Even if you find the wrong satellite at least you will know what way to move the dish.

Other than that enter a live TP./ channel and move the dish until you see quality.

Invest in a $20 satellite meter. You will at least know your on a satellite and not pointing off in the air somewheres....and yes you can get a 70 reading for signal strength even if your not pointed at a satellite.

I tried what Pete mention but got stuck on the Pansat 2500A advance scan,what is the download freq and Symbol rate for IA 6 for tp 12126 for example?? I guess if I got these I can see the quality while tweaking the dish. Thanks again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Update ST3688

Help it finding satellite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)