From IA-5 to Echo9/IA-13

matthiar

Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
falmouth, ma
Hello all -

I have a Channelmaster 1m dish pointing to IA-5 (formerly Telstar5). I subscribe to GermanTV on that satellite. The service has moved to Echo9 and will be available to Dishnetwork customers. I still have an old Dish 500 plus Receiver. Can I use that to pick up the Echo9 Signal?
On Dishnetworks web site they mention a new SuperDish with HD capabilities etc. I just want to get th one channel off Echostar 9 and don't care about the rest. Has anyone experienced a similar problem and found the solution.
Please don't tell me to call Dishnetwork for a "free" install when you subscibe to 123 channels for 2 years etc...

TIA
Matthias

Welcome!

As long as the receiver can accept 121 (and be updated for current software) you can use your existing dish. Echo9 at 121 uses Ku band (Just like IA5). People use these dishes and old primestar dishes to get their locals that are on 121 or 105, instead of doing the goofy superdish route :)

I assume you are a GlobecastTV subscriber for GermanTV now.
There is a special that allows you to get all the free Dish equipment required to transition to them without subscribing to AT60 or something equivalent. Checkout the http://german.tv website for details and the phone number.
Otherwise - yes your route will work too. I am using a 30" Winegard with a Standard KU FSS LNB to receive German TV on 121 - I didn't subscribe to anything but GermanTV and since I was not a GlobecastTV customer before the free offer wasn't for me... So I got a DVR 508 and setup a bunch of 'old' dishes I had laying around.
The KU FSS LNB must be a Standard LNB with a Lo of 10.750. It cannot be an universal LNB.

Record an OTA station & watch sat ch. at the same time?

811 used as a SD receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts