Free to a good home...or not?

Dah-Henny

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2007
Boone, North Carolina
I missed my window to sell this stuff a few years back, so this stuff is for give away. Pay only shipping. I don't know if any youz can use this stuff, but here it is:

STARBAND SATELLITE INTERNET

360 modem with software and cables.
LNBF arm with transmit/receive LNBF's.

If anyone's interested, let me know & I'll stop by the post office to weigh & give you a shipping quote.

SB05.jpg

SB04.jpg

SB03.jpg

sb1.jpg

sb2.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have a clue.
I bought the system several years ago for an ungodly amount of cash because my ISP couldn't give me a hard date when DSL would be available. I mounted the dish and was one day away from the tech appointment to peak, when my ISP called and said that my DSL was turned on. I was pizzed to say the least. :mad:

Do you have the dish that goes with that support arm, for the feedhorn and lnb assembly? I don't have a use for the DSL Modem, but could find a use for the LNB Assembly, even without the dish.

Edit: so if iceturkee doesn't get it I'm interested in only the parts mentioned.

voomvoom, you might know.....did a little research and starband's website says the system can use any .75 meter elliptical dish. now, its beel a long time since i lived in europe to convert metrics to inches but i'm wondering if any dish that size would work so long as you had the arm to receive the signals?

I was just wondering if he had the dish? Without the dish, I can use the LNB & Feedhorn with something else. The Arm and the Transmitter would just be for extra pieces that might (but probably not?) come in handy for a future project. The Modem is of no use to me. For me to use the Transmitter, or even point it anywhere, would be illegal, as I'm not Certified. But, I could use the LNB & Feedhorn.
To answer your question, any dish that size or larger should be fine. You might have to do some modification to get the Arm to attach to another dish, and that feedhorn assembly is made for that Arm. You could modify another Arm (and/or other supports) that are on a differnt dish to hold that feedhorn assembly. There are many options to this scenario.
Myself, I'm into FTA and always looking for free or low cost equipment (and sometimes expensive equipment), to support my addiction.

and i certainly appreciate that you have an fta addiction. i'm just getting into that myself. but i love gadgets as well, especially if the price is right.

i would also be curious if he has the dish!

I threw the dish away a couple of years ago. (hammer on my head)
If memory serves me correctly, the Gilat satellite was/is at 129 degrees. There was an attachment that you could buy to add E* LNBF's, and have Dish Network and Starband on the same dish. That was back when E* was pushing Starband as a bundled service.

I received a PM last night about the ad, so that guy has dibbs for now. I will package the stuff up and drop by the P.O. Tuesday morning for a ship quote. Then I will post the results.

UPDATE

I've received several requests for this equipment. I will offer in the order of contact. I won't have a ship quote before Tuesday, as the P.O. is closed Monday.

ORDER of INQUIRY:
  1. eurosport84
  2. iceturkee
  3. voomvoom
  4. IMnobody
  5. alteng

For Sale:Motorola 4Dtv DSR905 Sidecar

For Sale: GI 4DTV 920

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)