Free Audio on 119(dish) question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Inno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
NW Ontario, Canada
Is is possible to get the artist/track info when listening to any of the free audio channels available on Dish? I'm guessing the answer is no as it is a software thing. I guess I could go in and re-label the channels in my EPG so that the title of the channel is correct, but that's probably as far as I can go. There's quite an interesting variety of stuff there to listen to.

no. That is a function of the Dish Network box as some of the older boxes don't have that functionality either

The nice thing about the SonicView is that even though the channel name is initially cd1, cd2, etc, it does give the music type in the channel banner, info display, and epg. But, being the anal guy that I am, I edited the channel names anyway.

It sure would be nice to have individual song info in the "info" box. I'll bet it isn't the hardest thing in the world to do, code-wise. But, if they were to do that, it might look like they were making their boxes specifically to pirate Dish, rather than legitimate FTA purposes.

It sure would be nice to have individual song info in the "info" box. I'll bet it isn't the hardest thing in the world to do, code-wise. But, if they were to do that, it might look like they were making their boxes specifically to pirate Dish, rather than legitimate FTA purposes.

Yeah I suppose so..........I guess I'll just start re-labeling..........now where do I get the channel info? I guess if I had a dish network box with no subscription (which I think I do from way back in the grey market days before express-vu and star choice existed) I could just hook it up and even though the channels would not come in I could get the info from there. Right?

Inno said:
ow where do I get the channel info? I guess if I had a dish network box with no subscription (which I think I do from way back in the grey market days before express-vu and star choice existed) I could just hook it up and even though the channels would not come in I could get the info from there. Right?

if you don't subscribe, the channels are red so you can't see the song info :(

No, that's true but I could still get the proper name for the channel and update my EPG on the FTA receiver..........so I'm not listening to "songs to knit by" without knowing it. You know how you tune in to one channel and it's playing a decent song you haven't heard in awhile so you leave it there. Then when you come back later (usually with someone else) something completely inappropriate is playing and your buddy is looking at you laughing and pointing............maybe that's only happened to me.

The program guide at dishnetwork.com has the channel names. But, this might help too:

920 Environmental
921 Reflections
922 Foreground
923 Hit Line
924 Hot FM
925 Expressions
926 Love Songs
927 All That Jazz
928 Moodscapes
929 New Orleans Jazz
930 Piano & Guitar
931 Four Decades
932 Metro
933 50's & 60's
934 70's
935 80's
936 Beach Party
937 Country
938 Urban Adult
939 Classic Soul
944 Italia
945 Tropical Breeze
946 Roadhouse
947 Muzak
948 Destinations
949 Muzak 2
950 New Country
951 Country Classics
952 Country Currents
953 Jukebox Gold
954 70's Songbook
955 Adult Favorites
956 Adult Contemporary
957 Adult Alternative
958 Hot Hits
959 Classic Rock
960 Modern Rock
961 Power Rock
962 New Jazz
963 Urban Beat
964 Latin Styles
965 Fiesta Mexicana
966 Eurostyle
967 Jazz Traditions
968 Contemp Jazz
969 Acoustic Crossroads
970 Contemp Instrum
971 Classical Ambience
972 Light Classical
973 Easy Instrum
974 Big Band
975 Christian
976 Kid Tunes
977 New Age
978 Blues
979 Reggae
981 Hawaian

ahhh gotcha

I thought you meant the song titles that are on the screen and not the channel names :)

GaryPen said:
I think he wanted both, but understood he would have to settle for only the channel names.

Exactly...........thought that would be the best I could do but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks!

well at least y'all are getting channel numbers that you can reference to the known list. All I get is "Radio Ch"

The channel numbers on my receiver don't match the official DishNetwork numbers. I just printed out the Lyngsat list for the satellite as a reference as I edited channel names. All I had to do was check the channel info and compare it to the chart for the correct name/type of music. It didn't take as long as it sounds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Can I get 95W and 121W with 30" dish?

G10R/Equity down?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts