FOX BROADCASTING ANNOUNCES NEW WINDOW FOR FREE STREAMING OF NETWORK PROGRAMMING

when a show has been on 20 years..its time to retire
Can't agree with you more :rolleyes: who needs 60 Minutes, the Evening News, or Dr Who ...

wait a minute ... you can have my Dr Who when you pry the remote from my cold dead hand!

:rant:"...20 years..." ... I'll give you time to retire nut ball! :p

It's no big deal any more than the 28 day wait for Netflix. Look, I waited 3 or 4 months for the movie to go from the theater to video. So now I have to wait another 28 days? Will the movie get any better or worse? Do they change the ending? Do without for 28 days and get back in the Red Box (or Netflix, not so cheap any more) cycle. You save.

Same rules apply for Fox. I don't know about anyone, but the delay is a non-issue for me.

The only time I ever use HULU is when the network does something that causes my DVR to miss the end of a program (i.e. American Idol ran late, or something). Since I am a Dish sub it will not really affect me, but I sure would be upset if I had to wait a week to see the last few minutes of a show because the network shifted the show. They should make an exception if they preempt a show.

So today I noticed that I could link my Hulu account with my DISH Network account in order to get the immediate access to FOX programming. Not sure when they added it, but it looks like it needs to be re-done every month to make sure you are an active DISH customer.
huludishnet.jpghuludishnetok.jpg

Can't agree with you more :rolleyes: who needs 60 Minutes, the Evening News, or Dr Who ...

wait a minute ... you can have my Dr Who when you pry the remote from my cold dead hand!

:rant:"...20 years..." ... I'll give you time to retire nut ball! :p
But we are on the 11th Dr. So not exactly the same show. I feel that way about the Doctor too but my bro that likes Sci-Fi never got into it. We be Whovians.

Combo of NBC, Fox, & Disney/ABC in that order of most owned.

realy?

Hulu was founded in March 2007 by NBC Universal and News Corp and is operated independently by a dedicated management team with offices in Los Angeles, New York, and Beijing. Hulu closed a $100 million investment from private equity firm Providence Equity Partners in October 2007.

But we are on the 11th Dr. So not exactly the same show. I feel that way about the Doctor too but my bro that likes Sci-Fi never got into it. We be Whovians.
Well... neither are 60 minutes and the Evening News ... anchors retire, shows shift focus, but every show is kept "new" in its own way ... :)

What drew me into DrW was using imagination .... who didn't spot the "feet" under a dalek in some old old episode? Or remember one of the very first episodes where they had to stay on a metal floor.. or find its restrictive timing (Sunday 11pm on MPT 22) the illicit hour when all good kids must be asleep since ... "you've got school tomorrow!"

If ever the technology existed to go back in time ... I'd plant a modern day camera in the editing room, or time shift one by a second attaching it atop or beside cameras of the golden days .... so that I could capture the raw footage.. and the edits, and be able to bring back the "lost" episodes...

but I digress .. yay Fox! ;)

(MPT - Maryland Public Television ... U-22 was the only station to carry Dr. Who within reach of Wash DC for a very long time.. Doctor Who On PBS | Doctor Who | LibraryThing )

Last edited:
realy?

Hulu was founded in March 2007 by NBC Universal and News Corp and is operated independently by a dedicated management team with offices in Los Angeles, New York, and Beijing. Hulu closed a $100 million investment from private equity firm Providence Equity Partners in October 2007.

Providence Equity Partners only owns 10% from that investment. It is still majority owned by Comcast/NBC Universal (32%), Fox Entertainment (31%), Disney/ABC (27%) and then Providence (10%) It does operate as a joint venture with an independent management team.

Why not just use links to make the point a little easier? No one can dispute what Hulu puts on their page themselves..

http://www.hulu.com/about
Company

Founded in March 2007, Hulu is operated independently by a dedicated management team with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Seattle, Tokyo and Beijing. NBCUniversal, News Corporation, The Walt Disney Company, Providence Equity Partners and the Hulu team share in the ownership stake of the company.
now.. you have to dig just a little.. but News Corp owns Fox (not the other way round) so the "Fox" is just a more well known name..

http://www.newscorp.com/operations/television.html
Television

News Corporation’s television operations capture more viewers, more desirable demographics and more awards than perhaps any other television group in the world.
Its businesses include the FOX Broadcasting Company, which is the number one network in the United States; the 27 stations in the Fox Television Stations group and various television operations throughout the world.
http://www.comcast.com/nbcutransaction/
Comcast Cable is one of the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone providers to residential and business customers. Comcast is the majority owner and manager of NBCUniversal, which owns and operates entertainment and news cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, local television station groups, television production operations, a major motion picture company and theme parks. Comcast Corporation owns a controlling 51% interest in NBCUniversal, with GE holding a 49% stake.
and Disney / ABC
http://www.disneyabctv.com/division/index_facts.shtml
The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of The Walt Disney Company’s (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, ABC Family and SOAPnet, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The Radio Disney network, Hyperion publishing, and the Company’s equity interest in A&E Television Networks round out the Group’s portfolio of media businesses.
As far as I can tell ... providence is just providence..
http://www.provequity.com/portfolio/index.asp?Section=0,2,1&

A few listed items people may know:
AutoTrader.com
ITT Educational (you've probably seen tons of commercials)
Hulu
Univision
TVB (Hong Kong TV)
NexTag
So ... boys & girls.. argument (tiff? spat? insignificant row?) over, go to the links, read for yourselves..

Hulu is also looking to get bought. Especially since the NBC/Comcast merger was approved and it no longer serves it's original purpose as a way for those networks that own it to combat YouTube is no longer relevant. The rumor is that the deal is done and there will be an announcement on who is Hulu's new owner in the next week or so.

OTA module and Violent Storms

Dish Platinum required for HD Theater?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts