Fortec Ultra Liftime Serial Link to pc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wholeshoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
PSB or Others

Have any of you tries uploading files or flashing your Fortec receiver with the PC? I haven't tried this future yet and am looking for tips/pointers/transponder list files.

I have noticed a quirk that makes my Receiver freeze and I have to cycle the power. If I hit ok while watching to bring up the channel list and then you push pause like it tells you to to sort (I think), the receiver freezez and does not respond to anything. I was thinking that flashing the firmware might fix this.

Wholeshoe

Have you tried a factory default? I would do that first, just tried the above and it works fine, when I hit OK then pause I get to sort the channels and the letters A B C D E F..... pop up, try a factory reset!

Here is the software version on this one give that a check also......

Lifetime Ultra
FORTEC STAR-2.40
Boot ver : 6.0
09.July. 2004 (Nt)

Thats the version I have.

I did a factory reset a few nights agou but hadn't noticed the problem until today. Maybe tomorrow I will try the factory reset.

BTW I have the Spectrum Analyzer home from work this weekend and can take a few screenshots of different satellites polatities if anyone would like to see. You can see what transponders are on, if they are analog or digital, and how strong each is.

Wholeshoe

WOW! I was thinking about getting one, from KUSAT I would LOVE to see a few pictures of some signals, you will be able to peak in your dish bang on with it, just watch you don't drop it!!!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$

Maybe you could post them as thumbnails and we can use them for reference : )

I'll do one quick tonight and some more in the morning,

Which satellite in particular are you interested in?

This analyzer was $30K new a few years ago and I dont think I will drop it, it weights about 60 lbs so if I deopt it it will hurn my toe!!!

There are some analyzer out there for just satillite type stuff for around $2500. Try www.atci.com

A analyzer is the only thing I know of where you can see your skew setting and your opposite polarity rejection.

I'm off to find the serial cable and will post a pic tonight, How do I post a pic?

Wholeshoe

Here are G10R Ku, G3C Ku, and IA 6 Ku.

Tall skinny transponders would be analog, fat haystack like transponders are digital. Spectrum starts at 950 MHz and ends at 1450 MHz.

Have fun

Wholeshoe

Attachments

• g10_ku_h.jpg
    g10_ku_h.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 217
  • g10_ku_v.jpg
    g10_ku_v.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 209
  • g3c_ku_h.jpg
    g3c_ku_h.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 204
  • g3c_ku_v.jpg
    g3c_ku_v.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 285
  • ia6_ku_h.jpg
    ia6_ku_h.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 221
  • ia6_ku_v.jpg
    ia6_ku_v.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 231
It didn't put the file names on there,

If they are in the order i attached they will be
G10R H
G10R V
G3C H
G3C V
IA6 H
IA6 V

THANKS WHOLESHOE!

Was the G3C V Shot taken the last few hours? As I could use a read out of this bird (V) at this time to show someone.....thanks again! VERY INTERESTING!

Just seen it was done a few hours ago, any chance of doing another scan right now G3C V as I would like to show someone, no worries if you cant.

PSB

It is about 45 min old at the most. I don't think the time on the Analyzer is right, need to find out how to change that.

Were you able to watch the Michigan Tech vs N Dakota football game today? Who won I couldn't pick it up.

Too many trees that we are so blessed with here in Michigan.

Wholeshoe

The Sioux won (15-6 or so) the signal was around 50% Quality so I swapped over to a DirecPC dish and it jumped to 70% Quality, thanks for the time confirmation, I am watching the hockey right now nice to compare the signal THANKS!

The game just finished, signal gone : ( I will PM the coordinates, they are also in the "Whats up there area" ; )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Is Galaxy81-3R the same as Galaxy3C ?

Beware!!! Counterfeit Pansat 2500 satellite receivers!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)