fortec star question, will it control a polarotor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
I am sure someone told me the the fortec star ultra can control a polarotor for a BUD, i just want to double check before i purchase one. Can someone please check the back of their fortec star ultra and see if there are outputs labeled +5/-5/ pulse ? thank you in advance.

thanks pete, do you know if the st3688 has an ac-3 output? i am looking for a reciever that has ac-3, diseqc/ usals, and can control a polarotor. what one should i look at?

ok i have done some searching thru past posts and apparently the pansat 2500a will do all i want. I do want to double check that it has the +5/-5/pulse tho, can someone check thiers and see? thanks :D

The Pansat 2500 and the new 2700 have 3-wire polarizer controls
as well as a digital output jack that passes AC-3 audio
(additional processor box required).

Mike

Thank you Mike. By additional processor box do you mean an AC-3 compatable receiver etc.?

thanks iceberg, thats what i thought. Now to find a pansat 2500/ 2700 for a fair price.....

thanx Shawn, was just surfing thru fleebay myself. i would rather buy thru a reputable dealer tho, esp as there was the problem of the pansat 2500 "clones". Dang i cant wait until nagra2 is fully implemented ;-)

I had the same dilemma when I was buying my CoolSat. The local shops pushed a E*/D* box on me. I found a guy local who had everything I wanted (via ebay) .. but he wouldn't budge on the $50 shipping even though I live about 10 miles away.

Most of the web-stores I found the box at I was apprehensive about leaving any customer data there as it was obvious they were selling FTA hardware for the intent of hacking E*.

It's gotten so bad that when you Google FTA it has become synonymous with E* hacking.

Frustrated I broke down and picked up the reciever at ebay from a seller offering free 2-3 day shipping. I recieved the CoolSat about 2 weeks later.

My whole FTA setup (minus the P* dish) is off ebay.

Unfortunately here in upstate Vermont i have not been able to find anyone local or even within 5 hours travel who sells FTA equipment.

<rant on>
I have to agree with you Shawn that most of the sellers of pansat/fortec/coolsat etc. on the web (esp fleebay) seem to have hacking in mind :-( While i will not be using my equipment for illegal purposes i am still leery about leaving my customer data with these folks. I really dont want to go thru the hassle of proving that i have done nothing illegal.

There is also the ethical dilemma that they are selling equipment with the thought in mind of supporting an activity i find reprehensible. Why should i support them with my purchases when i dont agree with their barely veiled aims? </rant off>

The only legitimate company that i have found that sells the pansat 2500a recievers wants 159.99 (ftadirect) so I guess I will end up buying one from them. At least then I wont be stuck with a moral dilema over saving 20.00 :-D, and i will also be assured of not getting a clone.

drhydro said:
The only legitimate company that i have found that sells the pansat 2500a recievers wants 159.99 (ftadirect) so I guess I will end up buying one from them. At least then I wont be stuck with a moral dilema over saving 20.00 :-D, and i will also be assured of not getting a clone.

Thats who I got my Coolsat from. Nice people :)

iceberg, your post on the coolsat is what turned me on to these folks. I figure if your happy with their service then I will be also ;-)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Coolsat 4000pro question

Receiver price drop soon??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)