Fortec Receivers: DIY Installation Guide

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's a very handy guide, but I have a question. Isn't it the case that the LNB skew on a fixed dish depends on the location of the satellite in the arc vs. your longitude? Are the numbers you gave just for a fixed dish pointed at IA5? I seem to remember a calculator somewhere on your site that let you put in your latitutde/longitude and it computed the azimuth, elevation and LNB skew (something I've never seen in other such calculators) necessary for a given FTA sat.

pestie said:
Isn't it the case that the LNB skew on a fixed dish depends on the location of the satellite in the arc vs. your longitude? Are the numbers you gave just for a fixed dish pointed at IA5? .

Yes, that is correct.

I seem to remember a calculator somewhere on your site that let you put in your latitutde/longitude and it computed the azimuth, elevation and LNB skew (something I've never seen in other such calculators) necessary for a given FTA sat

Yes, it is still there: http://sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Satellite-Heading-Calculator.htm

Thanks! That LNB angle calculator allowed me to get a good 20% improvement in signal quality over my "run outside, move the LNB a little, run back in to check it" method I was using before. I have some software which computes az/el numbers, but not LNB angle, so I was just trial-and-erroring my way to a better signal before I found that page.

My girlfriend informed me that my Fortec Lifetime Classic from Sadoun just arrived today - I think I know what I'll be doing after work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Plywood Dish?!

Dishes used for moonbounce/amsat work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)