Fortec Lifetime Ultra Satellite List Error

Status
Please reply by conversation.

caddata

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Memory of unit filled and it wouldn't allow new channels to be programmed. I purged the memory of all channels that no longer active (there were a substantial number of them on just about all satellites).

Noticed the next day that the channel list showed two satellites designated as AMC5. Pressing the "SAT" button on the remote to access a channel, the unit locked up and rebooted when the second AMC5 satellite listing was selected. The unit wouldn't allow either selection to be deleted because both were "checked". I renamed the first AMC5 to AMC5Ku and rebooted the unit by turning it off with the switch on back and unplugging it from the wall for several minutes. Upon reboot, the new channel list showed AMC5Ku and the unit had renamed the other AMC5C. Highlighting AMC5C to select a channel still locks up the system and causes a reboot.

Does anyone know how to "uncheck" the box so that it can be deleted or experienced a similar problem?

Thanks,
Harold

caddata said:
Memory of unit filled and it wouldn't allow new channels to be programmed. I purged the memory of all channels that no longer active (there were a substantial number of them on just about all satellites).

Noticed the next day that the channel list showed two satellites designated as AMC5. Pressing the "SAT" button on the remote to access a channel, the unit locked up and rebooted when the second AMC5 satellite listing was selected. The unit wouldn't allow either selection to be deleted because both were "checked". I renamed the first AMC5 to AMC5Ku and rebooted the unit by turning it off with the switch on back and unplugging it from the wall for several minutes. Upon reboot, the new channel list showed AMC5Ku and the unit had renamed the other AMC5C. Highlighting AMC5C to select a channel still locks up the system and causes a reboot.

Does anyone know how to "uncheck" the box so that it can be deleted or experienced a similar problem?

Thanks,
Harold

Try going to Antenna setup, scroll down to the one you want to "uncheck" and press the left arrow button on the remote. That removes the checks on mine....

Thanks for the quick response guys.

I was able to "uncheck" and it went away from the Edit Transponder list, but it's still on the Satellite list that pops up when you press the "SAT" botton on the remote. It still causes the video (not audio) to lock up and reboot when I highlight it. As long as I don't highlight it everything is fine.

This is strange.

go to the edit satellite/tp list and you can delete it. It doesnt really delete it, but hides it so when you go into the antenna setup it isnt there.

When I first got my Pansat, I hid (deleted) all the C-Band satellites so just the KU ones show up :)

Thanks for the help guys.

The unit is just over a month old and was shipped by Sadoun a couple of days before the last operating system software update was released, so I assume it lacks the latest update.

The System Information displays:

Lifetime Ultra
Fortec Star - 2.36
06.21.2004 (NTSC)

I'm reluctant to flash it because if I watch what I'm doing it won't mess up, although it is disturbing that it's just over a month old and isn't working properly.

Cleaning up the transponder list seems to have caused the problem.

Harold

I believe that is actually a couple of flashes behind.... there should be a sticker on the back of the box with the manufacture date on it, as well. I would be curious to see, as the box went thru some minor changes to improve some issues recently.

No manufacture date stamp on the unit or shipping box. There's only a serial number (5433846385872000200428956) and what appears to be a quality control number (262714).

Maybe I should contact Sadoun about this.

Thanks again for the input.

Harold

I got mine for Christmas from PSB. :) I have been fooling around with my FTA setup for awhile now and today finally upgraded to the latest software which was a nice improvement because the satellite names are now correct (IE IA5 KU instead of T5KU)

Now if I could track the arc I would be happy. :) I borrowed a birdog meter from a friend but of course he gave it to me with a dead battery. :(

Hopefully I can work on it tommorow.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I borrowed a birdog meter from a friend but of course he gave it to me with a dead battery. :(

Hopefully I can work on it tommorow.

LOL, "batteries not included"

caddata said:
No manufacture date stamp on the unit or shipping box. There's only a serial number (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) and what appears to be a quality control number (xxxxx).

Maybe I should contact Sadoun about this.

Thanks again for the input.

Harold

Mine has a white sticker with the manufacture date on the back.. between the serial port and the audio out rca jacks...

If my problem is firmware related I'm faced with flashing it and voiding my warranty or trying to resolve it with the vendor. Here's the text of an email I'm sending to the vendor:

This message is in reference to my Fortec Lifetime Ultra (serial number 5433846385872000200428XXX) which was ordered on May 18, 2005. The invoice number was XXXXXXX.

Memory of unit filled and it wouldn't allow new channels to be programmed. I purged the memory of all channels that were no longer active (there was a substantial number of them on just about all satellites).

Noticed the next day that the channel list showed two satellites designated as AMC5. Pressing the "SAT" button on the remote to access a channel, the unit locked up and rebooted when the second AMC5 satellite listing was selected. Later was able to delete AMC5 from the satellite list but the problem moved to the last satellite on the list.

The Lifetime Ultra System Information displays:

Lifetime Ultra
Fortec Star - 2.36
06.21.2004 (NTSC)

I posted my problem on the Satellite Guys forum and several suggestions were brought forward, however none solved my problem. Discussion did point out that my firmware is several revisions behind the latest. I am aware that Fortec posted a revised version "Firmware - v.2.72NTSC ( May 19, 2005)" the day after my unit was ordered. My unit was delayed in shipment for about a week. Why did my unit not have the latest firmware when it was shipped? You must help me solve my problem. I don't want to flash the memory with the firmware upgrade and void my warranty, yet I feel my problems are related to the outdated firmware.

I would like for you to send me another unit with the latest firmware (I'll return this unit as soon as the new one arrives) or grant me permission to flash this unit without voiding the warranty.

Respectfully,

Harold

I hope this will resolve my problem.

Harold

Moderator edit:
Removed serial/invoice numbers for privacy reasons.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LEGIT firmware upgrade

wonder whats up there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)