Flat RG-6 question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shkhzrd

Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
After being forced to endure the horrors of Comcast Digital Cable for a year and a half I am finally going back to DirecTv. I had Dtv for 8 years and LOVED it. Problem is, I live in an apartment and the local aeshetics nazis won't let me use the old RG-6 coax I spent 5 years on the RCA DSS support hotline telling people they HAD to use. Instead, I'm told, I can use a "flat" version of RG-6 which supposedly works just fine with Satellite systems and run it under a sliding glass door track. I haven't been able to find any at any electronics stores locally. I see it online in 8" and 12" lengths but none made by any manufacturer that I recognize. I've seen some with typical F-connectors at each end and some with what appear to be inline amplifiers at each end. I liked the looks of the latter but the only site I could find them on says there are none in stock and I need it yesterday. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff? Does it really work? If so, does anyone have a brand/version they would recommend?

This flat cable work well, in my installation, 20% are for apartment, and I uses lots of this, but also, one or two out of ten is no good. THis stuff most from China.

They are all made in China. Send me a Private Message if you need them.

I can send you one or two quick. Cheap, too.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

My wife and I live in a 2 story townhouse. I have flat coax for all of my runs, including the power coax cable to my 4X8 multiswitch. It works fine.

I'm glad someone posted a link to the individual pieces since I may need to get another one or two.

Thanks!

Well, I feel a little bit better about the stuff now. I'm ordering five. I was hoping to be able to set it back up Friday evening. But, if I have to wait a few more days it'll be worth it just to get my Dtv back.

Thanks all!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Weak 110 Signal

DirecTV has the big 4. What about WB / UPN?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)