FIRESTIKs

NewsTips

EM84tx
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
Taylors,SC
We have 2 TVs with firestiks on them. We have used them to get online services like amazon netflix Hulu and Peacock. One of the TV our main one is a Philips and it CAN do 4K. I have a PC connected to one of the HDMI and it looks best at 4096 by ?? or something. but it IS 4K..

On another HDMI input is one of the firestiks. I have NEVER been able to see 4K video using either firestik. FOR INSTANCE lately I been watching 2 1/2 Men with charlie Sheen etc.
When I press the INFO button on the Philips TV remote it says the program is like--
""PC2090x1080 p60"" (2K) That's the highest it EVER gets for ANY program I watch or service I use as far as I know. I have years of experience with this TV and firestiks

Am I doing something wrong? The philips is smart but not that smart.. dont think peacock application is on there directly.

So has anyone EVER been able to get 4K w a firestik? should I use a different box?

OH AND
The firestik is directly connected (EtherNet) to the Spectrum Router the Bit Rate of that thing is plenty high. This PC I am using is on wifi to that same router and it is right now 210down 10 up. So the wired connection should be at least that fast

We have 2 TVs with firestiks on them. We have used them to get online services like amazon netflix Hulu and Peacock. One of the TV our main one is a Philips and it CAN do 4K. I have a PC connected to one of the HDMI and it looks best at 4096 by ?? or something. but it IS 4K..

On another HDMI input is one of the firestiks. I have NEVER been able to see 4K video using either firestik. FOR INSTANCE lately I been watching 2 1/2 Men with charlie Sheen etc.
When I press the INFO button on the Philips TV remote it says the program is like--
""PC2090x1080 p60"" (2K) That's the highest it EVER gets for ANY program I watch or service I use as far as I know. I have years of experience with this TV and firestiks

Am I doing something wrong? The philips is smart but not that smart.. dont think peacock application is on there directly.

So has anyone EVER been able to get 4K w a firestik? should I use a different box?

OH AND
The firestik is directly connected (EtherNet) to the Spectrum Router the Bit Rate of that thing is plenty high. This PC I am using is on wifi to that same router and it is right now 210down 10 up. So the wired connection should be at least that fast
Are these 4k Fire Sticks? Because if not, that's the issue. If they are, ARE you SURE the shows or movies you are trying to watch are 4k resolution?

OH AND
Lots of info not being provided-

What model Phillips TV?

What model fire-sticks?

What services have you been using to get 4K content?

Do you have the with commercials or without service?

Two and a Half Men is on Peacock in 1080P, not 4K, I just checked.

Lots of info not being provided-

What model Phillips TV?

What model fire-sticks?

What services have you been using to get 4K content?

Do you have the with commercials or without service?

Two and a Half Men is on Peacock in 1080P, not 4K, I just checked.
I suppose the stik was upconverting to it's 2K limit??

I let BestBuy sell me a newer 4K stik just now. They're on sale now for $34.99 US. (from like $50) but actually I hadnt planned to pay 50 anyway... They said the new one will upconvert to 4K and they claim it looks a little better even if program is lesser resolution. It arrives Thursday.

Reactions: primestar31

Netflix Just Commissioned Its Largest Number of Titles in 3 Years

AppleTV+ getting ads?