Figuring elevation on an odd setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Radar
The motor is dead. Something burned out in it. I havent tore it apart but it wont move (tried 3 receivers) and no signal yet if I bypass the motor it works. No biggie as it was the "backup" motor for college sports season ;)

The way my setup is the mast that is there is my old Starchoice (Shaw Direct) mast. 2" OD. My dishes are on the back side of the house (north side) facing south so to make the motorized work I had to put some metal piping there to extend the mast. There is a 1 3/4 metal conduit jammed into the top of the Shaw mast and a couple bolts are put through it. This extends the mast about 2 1/2 to 3 feet (see attached pic).

I tried to take the motor off but that brings me to another issue. The clamp on the dish is barely 1 5/8" so it was a pain to get on top of the mast. I got it on there but then the elevation of the dish would only get to 20 or so and the issue of the dish being 5 feet above the roofline just screams "roof mishap" if the wind blows. And no the pipe wont come out (bolts are kinda almost welded in there)

So the only way to get 30W is a lot of work trying to get the motor shaft and the dish elevation right. The old Shaw dish you could skew the whole dish so I had more room around the pole. Since this dish cant skew I'm limited on it.

Thats why I said heck with it and aimed at 97W which is only 4 off true south

Attachments

• 100_0401.jpg
    100_0401.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 109
well after climbing on the roof and doing a line of site test I'm pretty much screwed getting 30W....trees have grown enough to hinder signal. Now they have leaves and that would be no signal. The only way would be the top of the house (on the peak) and I dont want to put a dish up there by the antennas ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KU Band - LNBF Testing Results

Customer Email About The ESX521 Ku Band LNBF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)