Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Free preview of Starz from 2/24 to 2/27, channel 525-542.

Will sticky as it gets closer to that weekend. Enjoy.

Edit - Also NHL Center Ice Free Preview 2/14 to 2/20, channels 769-785.

Last edited:
Great, another weekend of advertising right smack in the middle of the movies I watch.

BTW, note to self.
Cancel Starz, they offer a free Preview every month and you can catch everything in that time. LOL

BTW, note to self.
They only offer a STARZ free preview about once or twice a year, not once a month.

Nice to have the preview but it's not the same quality I was use to on the c band master :(

Dang...I was hoping this would include Starz VOD, but it doesn't.

In the channel listings they seem to have added an additional Starz VOD channel #, specifically called Free Preview. I haven't d/l'ed anything from it, but I'd imagine it works. Some people may need to edit their custom channel listings to see it.

Nice to have the preview but it's not the same quality I was use to on the c band master :(

tvpro, why do you even have D* ?
EVERY post you have, slams D* and speaks of how great C-Band is ....

I use to have C-Band as well many years ago, till alot of stuff started going off the air., then I eventually moved on.

Yes, I agree C-Band looks better, but it SHOULD, seeing thats where it usually comes from in the first place. :rolleyes:

tvpro, why do you even have D* ?
EVERY post you have, slams D* and speaks of how great C-Band is ....

I use to have C-Band as well many years ago, till alot of stuff started going off the air., then I eventually moved on.

Yes, I agree C-Band looks better, but it SHOULD, seeing thats where it usually comes from in the first place. :rolleyes:

Here is the whole story.

I have Direct because I was forced into it. When I ordered Direct it was because NPS put such a monkey wrench in the works early last summer to get Motorola to quit. At that point Skyvision and SRL did not have the option they came up with. In short 4DTV was dead. I wanted to watch tv I liked. I went with Direct because I would not give Charlie Ergan a lousy penny ever!

I also missed some channels that were taken from us mostly because of NPS screwing us around the last couple years they were in business. So Direct fills that void for now.

I have a contract with Direct like everyone else that signs up till June 2012. I am stuck with Direct till then. I am also supporting C band subscription with double channels on Direct and Comcast HITS. We are working on making C band great again. It will take time to undue all the bad things in the past few years and move forward.

Will I keep Direct after my contract runs out? Too early to tell, it all depends on progress on C band between now and then, DirecTv's prices vs C band and picture quality. Right now the second generations on C band HITS is better than my Direct SD because they don't downrez the video like Direct does. DC-2 uses 640x480, Direct uses 480x480. Actually the pizza services could learn a few things form C band. Like give the people quality pictures, ala-carte and no contracts. They could really win if they would listen to the customer vs their bank account total. :eek:

Actually the pizza services could learn a few things form C band. Like give the people quality pictures, ala-carte and no contracts. They could really win if they would listen to the customer vs their bank account total. :eek:
:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Longest cable run

MLB Network not appearing in guide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)