Factory default on bec 2000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mohammad Tajdari

Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
Hello.

I accidentally selected factory defaults on my BEC 2000+ system that I received yesterday. I understand it was previously preprogrammed to TELSTAR 5 and I think I wiped it out. I want to get TELSTAR 5. How can I undo what I have done?

Can you help me PLEASE???

Thank you
M. Tajdari

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US :)

I have the BEC-2000, its a great receiver! I don't think there is a way back after a factory default! You will just have to reset up Telstar 5 again, have a look at the below link and use it to set up T5 in the antenna set up screen.

http://www.lyngsat.com/ia5.html

I use .......
11836 Freq.
V Pol.
20765 S/R

Good Luck.

Bec factory defaults

Thank you for your reply Peter.

You wrote a frequency number, vertical polarity and a S/R number. Is S/R the symbol rate? I see on the lyngsat site the numbers that you listed. It seems to be related to only one channel named Pittsburgh International Telecommunications. Is this only one channel or is this a group of channels that you watch?

As for me, I would like to watch middle east channels. Would I have to enter the frequency and S/R numbers for each of the ones I want to see? For example, RANG-A-RANG TV NY, but this has s/r of 60. Would I have to change s/r to 60? Also, some of those channels don't even have a S/R listed.
Is it going to pick up those without an S/R number that are listed under the 20765 S/R?

I only see the frequency number and S/R and polarity under the channel search screen which is under the setup menu. When I go under satellite setup there is a whole bunch of satellites listed there and T5 is one of them. When I go to the channel search screen I can select satellite Telstar 5 and it displays frequency 11749 and 7232 for S/R with vertical polarity. So if I select a different TP on this screen I can select the frequency 11836 that you use.

So, I'll have to select a different TP to select the different frequencies and S/R for each group of feeds/channels? Then I'll have to scan and it will pick up all the channels on that frequency? Is this what you mean by setting up my Telstar 5 again?

Mohammad T.

Yes S/R is Symbol Rate, I only use those coordinates to find the satellite, after you are sure you have found it I would do a Tp. scan, that should pull in a few channels and any that are missing that you want to see you would have to enter them manually.

You need Frequency/Polarity/and S/R for each Tp. (see below link)

I watch all the channels on Telstar 5 and mainly watch Dubai Sports and Algerian TV as I like soccer very much, but you are right its great to see all the channels from the middle east they REALLY add to the Free to air hobby I am also looking forward to Bridges TV, starting soon, thats the great thing about Telstar 5 there is always something new to see, good luck with the receiver! I am spoiled with the blind scan receiver I have it does all the work for you, its ideal for T5 as there are SO many channels to keep up with!

http://www.dmsiusa.com/charts.htm

SKSatellite is right! Its a "One Satellite" scan you need to do on the BEC 2000 : )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anyone here watching Tech TV on FTA?

Howard Hewes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts