Status
Please reply by conversation.

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
I was wondering, if I wanted to cancel my 2-year commitment, what would the ETF be? It does not seem to be on D*'s site anymore that I can see. I re-upped in February 2006, do I still have the option of returning the equipment I purchased then to avoid the fee?

For those wondering, the HD situation is just getting to the point where I do not want to wait any longer. The HR20 finally comes out, but I still won't get CBS & FOX. I am pondering getting TWC to offer me a deal to switch. I would have to put up with their SA crap, but only until Tivo S3 comes out.

Thanks,
Ted

Call D* your contract is between them and you they can tell you what you agreed to I would have to guess from the question you didn't save a copy for reference.

ncted said:
I was wondering, if I wanted to cancel my 2-year commitment, what would the ETF be? It does not seem to be on D*'s site anymore that I can see. I re-upped in February 2006, do I still have the option of returning the equipment I purchased then to avoid the fee?

For those wondering, the HD situation is just getting to the point where I do not want to wait any longer. The HR20 finally comes out, but I still won't get CBS & FOX. I am pondering getting TWC to offer me a deal to switch. I would have to put up with their SA crap, but only until Tivo S3 comes out.

Thanks,
Ted

Bottom line is call D* and ask them!

Well, in case anyone was wondering, and perhaps considering the same thing I am, here is the low-down:

I own 1 RCA DVR40 and 1 HR10-250. My contract is up 2/5/2008. I can either pay $12.50/month for the remaining months, or ship my HR10-250 back to D* and pay no fee for canceling the service. At this point, should I decide to cancel, I am probably going to return the HR10-250, especially as it is rather unimpressive.

Ted

ncted said:
Well, in case anyone was wondering, and perhaps considering the same thing I am, here is the low-down:

I own 1 RCA DVR40 and 1 HR10-250. My contract is up 2/5/2008. I can either pay $12.50/month for the remaining months, or ship my HR10-250 back to D* and pay no fee for canceling the service. At this point, should I decide to cancel, I am probably going to return the HR10-250, especially as it is rather unimpressive.

Ted
If your going to leave, I would send the HR10-250 back, if it eliminates the fees, IF you decide to come back, the NEW equipment at that time will be more current with the fast pace of technology, no sence in hanging on to old stuff.
When you come back everthing will be a lease anyway.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SD user looking to upgrade to HD

Espn 360?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)