Error message 004 and LNB drift

Justsuern

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Rising Sun, IN
The past week when we turn the tv and receiver on, we receive a 004 error message, "to change channel press up or down arrow on remote or use guide to select different channel. Programs scheduled to record on the DVR don't as it says lost signal. I have done several reboots, and last night unplug the receiver for 30 minutes. I have run Check Switch. The problem continues. I did a system check today and details show a drift detect, 0x1c, oxaz 77 (e-14). Is this causing the 004 error? Any other suggestions? I have Vip 622 receiver and Eastern Arc. I believe Dish needs to replace the LNB as the drift is -14.
Thanks.

The past week when we turn the tv and receiver on, we receive a 004 error message, "to change channel press up or down arrow on remote or use guide to select different channel. Programs scheduled to record on the DVR don't as it says lost signal. I have done several reboots, and last night unplug the receiver for 30 minutes. I have run Check Switch. The problem continues. I did a system check today and details show a drift detect, 0x1c, oxaz 77 (e-14). Is this causing the 004 error? Any other suggestions? I have Vip 622 receiver and Eastern Arc. I believe Dish needs to replace the LNB as the drift is -14.
Thanks.

Only way to know is to call Dish network Tech Support.;)

yes, you have drift on the 77 sat. this can be caused by a bad connection, but is more than likely the lnb.

Need compatable antenna

EHD Problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)