error 015 and 0 signal strength

dano420

Original poster
Mar 13, 2011
NC
Hello, I have been getting the error message 015 (acquiring satellite signal) all day today. When I go to Point Dish it says my signal strength is 0.
I did the check switch test and it says I have fewer satellites than previously detected.

My equipment is a DishDVR 625

Any help is appreciated, Thank you

Suggest that you unplug receiver from power outlet for a few seconds to reset it. Then plug it back in. When you can see a screen again do menu 6-1-1-check switch.

The error 836 message (fewer satellites then previously detected) message can also happen if the dish is out of adjustment, or if anything has been added or changed. Verify cables are in their proper places and hand tight. If its just one satellite with 0 signal, you may want to make sure nothing is physically obstructing signal such as bad weather, birds, new growth from springtime, etc. If all that is good, then reset as mentioned and if there is still no progress, run the CST. If you get Warning:836 (your original message after the test) you will likely need a tech. It really depends on how comfortable you are to continue after that. Also, make sure the "channel" you are trying to receive is available on the system you have setup.

I wouldn't be surprised if that 625 is bad.....we have had a lot of bad ones lately but could be the lnb ground block diplexer seperator or a number of things best best call for a tech visit

Thanks for the replies, I did the hard reset but it was still coming up with the same message. I checked the satellite dish and it doesn't look like it has moved and nothing is blocking it. I called costumer service before I posted this but told me it would be $99.95 to have a tech come out or I could add a service plan for like $6.95 a month.
I was actually surprised, I've had this system for 4 years, never been late on a payment and now they are wanting to charge me extra. I told them I would probably just go with Direct TV....

Guide screen crooked?

Wifi adapter for 722

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)