yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
Netflix Squeezes Pay TV With Epix Deal
Agreement Lets Netflix Stream Movies 90 Days After Premium Pay-TV Debut

By Todd Spangler -- Multichannel News, 8/10/2010 9:30:42 AM

Netflix, in another content deal that threatens to erode premium-movie packages from cable, satellite and telco TV, announced an agreement with Epix that will let Netflix members watch movies streamed over the Internet 90 days after they debut on Epix's services.

Movies under the five-year deal will begin streaming from Netflix on Sept. 1 and include movies from Paramount Pictures, Lionsgate and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, which are the partners in the Epix joint venture.

Netflix will be the exclusive outlet for Epix's movies for two years, according to Epix president Mark Greenberg. Initially, Netflix will have access to about 1,000 library titles and will have rights to new releases 90 days after their Epix premiere.

Read the rest at http://www.satelliteguys.us/latest-headlines/223460-netflix-squeezes-pay-tv-epix-deal.html

Please do not post full copyrighted news articles. Thanks!

Does EPIX edit movies? I watched Godfather 1 the other night and even though there was nudity, and of course violence, I could swear snippets had been cut out. Is it just my memory?

The Godfather Movies Epix showed were 100% uncut. They were the THEATRICAL releases.

There was a "special edition" made for TV that included some deleted scenes. Then there was another release which rearranged Godfather 1 & 2 in so that events unfolded in Chronological order. This version also included deleted scenes. One of the scenes I remember from the special releases was the undertaker ( the one that opened the original movie) complaining to his wife at how he wished he hadn't sold his soul to the Coleone family. He was afraid of what was going to be asked of him when the Don arrived. This is why the scene in the mortuary unfolded the way it did. The undertaker had no idea what he was going to be asked to do and feared the worst.

which channels are on sats?

DISH Network Reports Second Quarter 2010 Financial Results

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)