EPG discussion on Enigma2 STB's

Okay, i got it. The EPG data that was in the DW signal @ 103w was amazingly detailed. The detail that comes from the online EPG sites stunk. We watch a lot of documentaries, and need the detailed EPG guide to know if it interests us.

DW doesn't have an online EPG that i could find other then whats on in the next couple hours. However they did have a PDF for August and September. The PDF had the FULL detail... But, how do i get that into the satellite receiver? I modified my program to download the PDF's, i found an open source program that converts PDF to TEXT. So, my program downloads the PDF's, then runs the open source program to convert to TEXT, and then my program continues deciphering the TEXT into my data field and create an XMLTV format which could then be imported into the Receiver.

Wala... :hatsoff I got it.... Now, the problem, i cannot reliably stream without internet break-ups. I will miss the DW signal for a LONG time.

1723664439878.png

Reactions: Titanium and FTA4PA
Here Starlink is being promoted at a one time $142 cost for hardware and a monthly fee of $100 in local currency. Could you justify for your home? I don't think they have limits so video streaming might work out OK.

Here Starlink is being promoted at a one time $142 cost for hardware and a monthly fee of $100 in local currency. Could you justify for your home? I don't think they have limits so video streaming might work out OK.

That's twice what im paying now. We have a teenager that eats up what ever we have.. Ill wait a few years more until he moves out, in which then ill see whats up. I went ahead and kicked down his share of internet speed. We allotted him 3/4 of our bandwidth. I put it more at 50/50. I just did that yesterday, so we shall see if that resolves/helps the DW streaming issue.

Reactions: FTA4PA

Mio 4K File System