End of NASA TV

Mister B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 3, 2008
El Paso County Texas
I read that NASA TV is coming to an end on August 28th. I have always enjoyed it and believe NASA was one of the first public service channels on satellite TV.
Is it likely that DTV will replace NASA with another educational type channel to meet the underlying requirements? I would prefer something scientific such as one of the "University" channels from California or Washington.

its still available, just no on sat

NASA TV Phasing Out​

Effective Aug. 28, 2024, NASA will no longer broadcast over satellite. Catch all live and original NASA programming on our new, free streaming platform, NASA+, and plus.nasa.gov. Read more about the transition from NASA TV to NASA+.

The replacement doesn't have to be "educational" to meet the P/I quota requirements:

Like after PBS You shutdown, its replacement was TCT
After RFD-TV transitioned to for-profit status, its replacement was NRB
After LinkTV shutdown, its replacement was BlossomTV

Reactions: lordodogg
I read that NASA TV is coming to an end on August 28th. I have always enjoyed it and believe NASA was one of the first public service channels on satellite TV.
Is it likely that DTV will replace NASA with another educational type channel to meet the underlying requirements? I would prefer something scientific such as one of the "University" channels from California or Washington.
FYI - There is a post regarding this announcement already. NASA TV shutting down this August

Reactions: lordodogg

NFL PreSeason Schedule ~ Timezone Specific

Removing sports subscription ??