EchoStar/Dish raises doubts about 'ability to continue as a going concern'

AT&T still owns 70% of DirecTV.
So if Dish and DirecTV merge and if it is not a merger of equals, then AT&T would indirectly own most of a competing cell phone provider. It seems that Dish would have to be spun off from Echostar to get this deal approved.

Reactions: charlesrshell
So if Dish and DirecTV merge and if it is not a merger of equals, then AT&T would indirectly own most of a competing cell phone provider. It seems that Dish would have to be spun off from Echostar to get this deal approved.

I would only expect the pay television business to be part of the transaction, but I haven't kept up with the most recent news on this.

AT&T still owns 70% of DirecTV.
TPG is the company that runs Directv and I assume will run DISH also, once they spin it off to them. I would be interested to know how that works where they do all the work of managing the company and ATT and Echostar suck out profits from them each month. I am not sure how that works. So I guess the satellites and local uplink centers will also be sold off to Directv as well. So Charlie is just pulling out of running the TV business entirely in America. I guess Echostar will still be involved in the foreign markets and their satellites? I wonder how much money Charlie is getting for DISH to make his happen? Could it be enough to pay his debts and finish the buildout on his Boost company?

So no new Hopper 4 now I guess. No more new receivers at all. Oh well. It was nice while it lasted. Glad it won't effect me since I no longer have DISH, but do have Sling TV. So if that changes and they hike prices and change everything I guess I can try another service. I have my locals on Tablo so I am good there. I just need a way to watch my cable news and some select shows on Syfy and on AMC and Fx.

So no new Hopper 4 now I guess. No more new receivers at all. Oh well. It was nice while it lasted. Glad it won't effect me since I no longer have DISH, but do have Sling TV. So if that changes and they hike prices and change everything I guess I can try another service. I have my locals on Tablo so I am good there. I just need a way to watch my cable news and some select shows on Syfy and on AMC and Fx.
What?!? You don't want to pay bigly for a bunch of sports?

DTV & DISHTV, Wife said she heard they are merging next week on CNBC today?