EchoStar/Dish raises doubts about 'ability to continue as a going concern'

Little more news-

Dish Network has received at least one financing proposal valued at more than $1 billion, with collateral on that financing tied to Dish Network’s extensive spectrum portfolio.

Dish Network is reportedly sitting on $20 billion in debt and posted distressing operational and financial results for its most recent operating quarter. The Bloomberg report cited Bloomberg Intelligence senior credit analyst Stephen Flynn who noted in a recent report that “EchoStar’s debt load of almost $22 billion is likely untenable, and the company could pursue maneuvers to improve liquidity and extend its maturity profile.”

EchoStar ended its most recent quarter with $2.4 billion in cash and marketable securities, which it planned to use pay $1 billion in notes that were due in March. It has another $2 billion in bond securities due in November and $9 billion more due in 2026.

However, it’s not currently generating enough cash flow from operations to help fund that $2 billion in bonds due later this year, thus the current financial scrambling.

Based on that above analysis, Dish needs at least about $15 Billion to cover the debt due within the next 3 years, plus they need to continue to build out to make the 75% FCC Deadline-

Covering 75% of each of its spectrum license areas with 5G, by June 2025. Analysts believe Dish will need another 15,000 cell towers – and an additional $2 billion to $3 billion – to reach that goal.

With those numbers I don't see how Dish is going to be able to stay in business much longer.

You don't understand what 75% coverage means....even att and verizon have large gaps in rural areas
It might not have anything to do with just rural areas, according to this site, they are not in a few major metro areas, this was updated just 2 months ago, Los Angeles alone would need major money for it’s build out-

Future Planned Areas:
Boston, MA
Charleston, WV
Los Angeles, CA

Last edited:
There are more than 5 million towers in the world. Less than 10% are in the US. China has about 50% of them and India has about 20%. Towers are vulnerable to electronic attack as Russia did to the Ukraine to disrupt their communication. Starlink saved the day by letting Ukraine use their satellite net to communicate . Now that their will be multiple satellite low orbit webs I hope Dish is figuring out how to use them in addition to building towers.
Great, more satellites to clutter & junk up orbital space...

Bondholders of Dish Network sued the satellite-tv provider and demanded it unwind transfers that they claim put valuable assets out of the hands of creditors and violated lending terms, according to a lawsuit filed on Friday, Bloomberg reported.

So I'm really getting annoyed with those constant Burger King Commercials, very annoying trying to watch a movie (Twins - DeVito & Arnie) late last night om AMC , while the Mrs was sleeping and then these annoying commercials come on, so loud too because they pump up the volume +150% and I know it's Dish popping these commercials in, the today I'm watching the NHL Playoffs with Vancouver & Nashville on TBS and the annoying BK commercial constantly plays last the first and sometimes last commercial of the commercial break.

So Dish maybe tell BK too come out with less annoying Ad's!

I'll be boycotting BK also. No Whopper Wednesday for Me!

The station owners are the ones putting in ads, if you're seeing burger King the most, guess what? That's because burger King is paying their bills lol.
As far as volume differences that's what happens when switching between dolby digital and stereo formats.

Neither problem is dish related.

The station owners are the ones putting in ads, if you're seeing burger King the most, guess what? That's because burger King is paying their bills lol.
Actually, providers like Dish get advertising time also, so they call sell ads for airing on their service.

Usually 1 minute per hour, so two 30 second spots.

When I switch between streaming & DiSH on my Sony smart TV, there's a huge volume difference.

As to same-system volume-leveling & the law, I recall several years ago stations & providers who were called out on it gave the "excuse" that the commercials aren't actually louder, at least per the law. What they were doing was messing with the dynamic range essentially to put all of the commercial at the dynamic peak (like a shot ringing out) of program material.

Reactions: charlesrshell
BK advs are annoying? How about:

Colonial Penn Insurance
Lume Deodorant (Get out of my face woman!)
Plexaderm (Preparation H for your face)
ALL of the various disease commercials that think they have to actually SHOW it
Overlong commercials like John Walsh's or Generac
All the PSA's put together by the Ad Council
And if I see one more bear wipe his butt I think I'll scream 😬

Like Dish has any control over what commercials are inserted.
Dish inserts TV commercials over Network commercials, Cable Companies and Satellite Radio do the same thing, if you ever notice sometimes there's a slight time difference in different commercials sometimes, you'll see the last or first second or 2 of the network commercial.

And this is the very annoying Burger King commercial.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr5oULYJdGQ

Actually, providers like Dish get advertising time also, so they call sell ads for airing on their service.

Usually 1 minute per hour, so two 30 second spots.

Not totally true.

Only on Certain cable channels but not on the locals and many of the cable channels also do have avails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not totally true.

Only on Certain cable channels but not on the locals and many of the cable channels also do have avails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never wrote all, I wrote was providers get ad space also, never posted every channel.