E* DVR Sharing through power lines.....?

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
With D* launching their whole house DVR ability, when will E* activate their DVR sharing through the power lines? Their receivers can already communicate through the power lines and can stream broadband through them, it seems it should just be a software update to activate that feature.

I have had E* for about 10 years, D*'s whole house DVR is the first time I have thought about switching (although I probably won't anyway). This is a big advantage for D* at the moment, I would think E* would want to launch their version.

Brad

The only thing that does not impress me with the Directv DVR sharing feature is the slight delay when using the DVR features remotely.

Since they are basically streaming an IP video stream, there just seems to be a delay when you try to use basic DVR functions, such as pause or fast forward.

Not saying DISH Network is going to come up with something better, but if they did come up with the whole house DVR, I think its going to have the same issue.

I saw the Directv demo a few months back, and its great just to play back a recorded event, but that slight delay in using the DVR functions is enough for me to want to just put a DVR in the other room.

I have whole house DVR service with E*. I just ran component and/or HDMI lines from the receiver to every HDTV in the joint (3). I also put a UHF antenna at each remote TV connected back via coax to the UHF antenna port on the receiver and using UHF remotes all works very well. Not quite the same thing as D*'s but works for us as we hardly ever watch anything live except OTA. I also have 3 media center PCs networked for TV recording and viewing and anything on any one of them is viewable on the others. I also have a 10GB media center array that streams movies, etc. to any of the PCs at any of the TVs. Additional, all have Netflix streaming access.

great 1/2 a dvr

2 recordings per DVR and watch something at the same time?

Now isn't that special it can do half as much as a 722k or a 922. Back to the drawing board per unit. They have it set so you have to get multiple DVR's to compete w/ E*. Now if E* gets sling going then D* MVR will almost be as good as long as you have several.

I have whole house DVR service with E*. I just ran component and/or HDMI lines from the receiver to every HDTV in the joint (3). I also put a UHF antenna at each remote TV connected back via coax to the UHF antenna port on the receiver and using UHF remotes all works very well. Not quite the same thing as D*'s but works for us as we hardly ever watch anything live except OTA. I also have 3 media center PCs networked for TV recording and viewing and anything on any one of them is viewable on the others. I also have a 10GB media center array that streams movies, etc. to any of the PCs at any of the TVs. Additional, all have Netflix streaming access.

Damn, do you do anything beside watch tv?:)

Dual Receiver

Options for better 129 signal strength

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)