DVRAdvantage What is it? How do we get it?

blueoval4ever

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2006
A question was asked in the reatiler recap

Claude from DishStore.NET is on the phone. GO CLAUDE!

He wants a price guarentee for people who he is signing up today.

Jim says sign them up for the new DVRAdvantage. Which gives them a fixed price through January 2009.

After going through the 25 pages of the retailer recap post I never saw any post detailing this. Does anyone have any info on this or will we have to wait until the new price increase before we can get locked int a price until 2009?

You are also required to have the DHPP (Dish Home Protection Plan) which I believe is $6/month...

No, if I am not mistaken the DHPP is included at no charge because of the 18 month commitment. According to the chart in the dealer chat, the DVR Advantage plan is available to both new and current customers and is guaranteed to cost $49.99/mo through January 2009 and includes AT200w/locals, DHPP and the DVR fee for 1 DVR receiver, an 18/mo commitment and CCAP are required. As far as I know, no one has bean able to confirm weather or not this same plan will be available with AT250 for $59.99/mo, but I would think it would be.

If I could get line of site to an E* satellite, I would switch back to E* for TV in a hart beat, and if E* offers this plan with AT250, this is the way I would go. No, if I am not mistaken the DHPP is included at no charge because of the 18 month commitment. According to the chart in the dealer chat, the DVR Advantage plan is available to both new and current customers and is guaranteed to cost $49.99/mo through January 2009 and includes AT200w/locals, DHPP and the DVR fee for 1 DVR receiver, an 18/mo commitment and CCAP are required. As far as I know, no one has bean able to confirm weather or not this same plan will be available with AT250 for $59.99/mo, but I would think it would be.

If I could get line of site to an E* satellite, I would switch back to E* for TV in a hart beat, and if E* offers this plan with AT250, this is the way I would go. If you do the math, and are not afraid of CCAP or the 18/mo commitment, this would actually mean a rate decrease for those current customers with a DVR and a qualifying package already.

No, if I am not mistaken the DHPP is included at no charge because of the 18 month commitment. According to the chart in the dealer chat, the DVR Advantage plan is available to both new and current customers and is guaranteed to cost $49.99/mo through January 2009 and includes AT200w/locals, DHPP and the DVR fee for 1 DVR receiver, an 18/mo commitment and CCAP are required.

Is there an additional lease fee ($5.xx) on top of it, or is it all inclusive? A better question for my situation in particular...I still have the "discounted" locals+supers rate (8.99)...would I lose that if I were to upset the apple cart (switch over)?

Is there an additional lease fee ($5.xx) on top of it, or is it all inclusive? A better question for my situation in particular...I still have the "discounted" locals+supers rate (8.99)...would I lose that if I were to upset the apple cart (switch over)?

It would be just like any other programming package, if you only have 1 DVR receiver their would be no extra lease fee and the DVR fee for that 1 receiver is included in the package price. Just like other programming packages if you have multiple receivers on your account, extra SD receivers would still be $5/mo each, extra HD receivers still $6/mo each, and extra DVR's would still have the extra $5.98/mo dvr fee for each additional dvr on your account (with the exception of the 501/508 or 721).

If they would start offering the DVR fee and locals and additional outlet fee included then they would keep the current customers happy and gain new ones. These B.S. fees are going to bite Dish in the rear if they do not do something about it soon. They should include an x number of features for an x number of dollars to simplify the bill and prevent customers from thinking they are having to pay a fee for this, a fee for that to the point to where they think they are getting ripped off and paying more.

Would I be able to get the Platinum now before the upcoming rate change an get it for the same rate untill 2009 as stated above? I think Platinum has no fees and additional receivers too. I already have CCAP setup. D* has a 12 month rate no increases and it is $86 for the Total Choice everthing package forgot what the name is. Thats for a HD DVR too.

Question of where do I want to go from here...Dish HD?

DISH billing and Tech support (long)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts