DVR with 1 line

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2005
land of the ice and snow
I dont know very much about stacking but I was wondering if it could be used for a tivo unit and work properly? I thought I have seen this with the old ultimate TV's

I just got finished with an install in a $1,000,000 ++++ house and he wants a tivo in a room in the middle of the house downstairs. The ceilings downstairs are 25 feet high and no crawl space so running another line is out of the question.

I thought about putting the tivo in another part of the house but where he wants it is in the attic were the multiswitch is "just difficult enough customer to be a little bit of a D!*$". I tried to tell him about the dust it would collect and he said he would build a box for it. I also told him it would be prone for overheating. I also am concerned that a rf remote setup will work good in this house because of the layout.

Any suggestions.
Thanks.

Tate Satellites said:
I dont know very much about stacking but I was wondering if it could be used for a tivo unit and work properly? I thought I have seen this with the old ultimate TV's

I just got finished with an install in a $1,000,000 ++++ house and he wants a tivo in a room in the middle of the house downstairs. The ceilings downstairs are 25 feet high and no crawl space so running another line is out of the question.

I thought about putting the tivo in another part of the house but where he wants it is in the attic were the multiswitch is "just difficult enough customer to be a little bit of a D!*$". I tried to tell him about the dust it would collect and he said he would build a box for it. I also told him it would be prone for overheating. I also am concerned that a rf remote setup will work good in this house because of the layout.

Any suggestions.
Thanks.
Find a closet or another room in the house that has conditioned air and an electrical outlet where you can run needed cabling. Run a hard wired IR repeater using existing cabling if you think UHF won't work.

boba said:
Find a closet or another room in the house that has conditioned air and an electrical outlet where you can run needed cabling. Run a hard wired IR repeater using existing cabling if you think UHF won't work.

Can you explain the IR repeater?

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Here for some wiring help.

Color Issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)