Dumped Cox - need help on switching to Dish

I would go with a 722 and 2 211's for the other two. You still get 4 tuners and 2 211's are cheaper than a second 722. If you want dvrs's where the 211's are placed, then add an external hard drive and pay the one time dvr activation fee to turn the 211's into dvrs.
AND If you're in a location where you have antenna reception of your locals... I would back feed OTA to the 722k (getting MT2 OTA Module) & 211's ... thereby making the 722k a 4 tuner recorder, and the 211k's capable of recording 2 channels at once.

I have 3 TVs connected right now. One 722 ( duodvr ) in the family room ( main TV ) and another 722 in the master bedroom. I have the SD output "backfeed" to the loft from the master bedroom. I used to have the family room connected to a TV in the attic, but we tossed the tv out and never replaced it. You can watch all of the channels on the SD feed, it is just not an HD output. I normally watch "HD" channels on the SD output when I am in the loft because they look slightly better to me. You can even switch to letterbox if you want the whole screen (with bars). We normally watch everything from recordings so "live" isn't so much of an issue.

There is a "whole house" DVR on the horizon, but I have not seen any potential dates on that. There is a sticky thread about it on this site. ( xip )

1000.2 or 1000.4???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)