DPP Twin - Use lnb for 110 only and the LNB in port for 119 on a separate satellite dish?

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I am having an issue with trees and there is an open gap between two trees. I have to put one dish up at one certain spot to get 119 and another dish in another spot to get 110 because the gap is not wide enough to receive both satellites at the same spot. I want to use a DPP twin (Dish Pro Plus Twin) to pickup one of the satellites and the LNB in port to connect the other satellite dish up to it at the second spot. Is this possible? 119 only comes in at around 9% on the same dish that 110 picks up on and when I did a check switch connecting the second dish to 119 it would still only pick up the satellite at 9% instead of the other spot I have the 119 dish at to get the stronger signal with an x but detecting the dish. When I connect the seperate spot for 119 it picks up a lot stronger signal. I am thinking that it is picking up the 119 on the DPP lnb by default? I want to avoid using a separate DP-34 switch if possible (don't have the D-21, just have 34's). The second dish has a DP lnb.

As far as 129 goes, that will definitely be a no go. I know some will recommend 61/72/77 but they just got a 311 receiver and do not want to shell out the money for a 211.

I used duck tape the signal quality was still the same 9%. I have some foil tape and took it with me but managed to find a spot that picked up 110/119 from the same dish. I guess 110 was higher up in the sky than I realized and just cleared the trees. I used the First Strike meter tonight which helped me a lot. I just wish there was a way to program it to recognize 119 and not 110 and vice versa. When it is set to 119 it will still act like it is picking up 110. Sometimes it will not show locked while other times it will on the same satellite with a high signal strength. Seems to be a bug in the meter. I wonder if they are fixing it with the latest version of the First Strike meter.

A Dish down Memory Lane

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)