DP311 Not Detecting Switch

Jessenrosa

Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
San Antonio
Here is my scenario. I have a single DP311 receiver. I have a Dish 500 dish with 2 single LNBs. I tried to hook up a SW-21 switch with the 110 satellite on one input, and the 119 on the other input. After a check switch the receiver reports that I have a DP Single installed. Whatever satellite I have connected to input 1 is the signal I get at the receiver. So I think that maybe the SW-21 is bad, and tried a DPP-44. After a switch check with the DPP-44, the receiver reports a Single DP Feed. I was using the power inserter, and had it connected to port 1 on the switch. As with the SW-21, whichever satellite I have connected to input one is what I get at the receiver. I have replaced the cable between the house and the switch. I have replaced the cable between the switch and the 119 LNB. Both LNBs seem to be fine as I get both odd and even transponders on both 110 and 119, I just can't get both at the same time to the receiver as I can get a switch to work. I do have a SW-64 switch I can try. I am just having a hard time believing that I have two bad switches. Oh, and to rule out the receiver I took it to a friends house. He has a DPP-44. The receiver detected the switch and works perfect at his house. So what should I do now, try the SW-64?

First you need to identify what you have for LNBs. Legacy LNBs won't work with DPP or DP switches. and DP LNBs won't work with Legacy switches. Do your LNBs have a BLACK DP on them?

Updates every night?

Hopper kind of dead

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)