dp301 and rabbit ears? Will work?

Depending, of course, upon the antenna and how close you are to the transmitter, yes. It does appear that the 722 is not the most sensitive tuner in the world, but given enough signal, no problems.

I have a 622 with an amplified rabbit ear antenna for OTA. Works great to receive ALL Cinti (10 miles South), NKY (20 miles South) and Dayton (40 miles North) local channels. The Dayton channels sometimes come in better than Cinti channels (less signal interruptions) because the biggest issue with receiving digital locals is a strong "ghost" will kill signal quality and you get nothing!

HOWEVER!!!! You have to have a subscription to SOMETHING to be able to use the receiver to get locals. You have to have a subscription to LOCAL channels to have a program guide with info other than "Digital Service" 24/7

I own an Echostar dp301 receiver. I want to hook up my rabbit ears and watch over the air HD local channels, is this possible with this receiver?
Go to ebay and search for DTV Converter Box there are many for under $25. If you want the DISH Brand DTV PAL was made by Echostar and works with DISH remotes.:):):)

I don't know of any DISH receivers that will work as ATSC tuners without at least a connection to a DISH signal (811, 381) most need a subscription because DISH wants some income for providing the ATSC tuner. Only DISH HDTV receivers have the ATSC tuners.

I guess to sum up, the answer to your question is no it will not work. In addition I wouldn't spend one second trying to watch over the air HD on a Sat receiver not hooked up to Dish anyway. There is no advantage at all and you probably will not get as many channels as just getting a converter box and going directly to your TV.

I don't know of any DISH receivers that will work as ATSC tuners without at least a connection to a DISH signal (811, 381) most need a subscription because DISH wants some income for providing the ATSC tuner. Only DISH HDTV receivers have the ATSC tuners.
The 811/381 will. The 921 wont (both confirmed)
But yes you need a connection to a satellite connection

STB reeboot wiped out recordings?

Multi-room TV question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)