Does your 522 search the locals?

Thornton Melon

Original poster
Nov 16, 2006
Hi,

I had another thread complaining about all the problems that the new 4.12 software has caused where I asked if other people were also having problems with the search, but no one responded. Maybe it was too many complaints at one time for people's tastes.

Can someone with a 522 (and the latest software) please see if the search function works properly on their receiver? Thanks. As I said in the other thread, here is an example of what I'm talking about:

"The Ellen DeGeneres Show airs M-F on my NBC local, as well as M-F, nationally, on Oxygen (channel 127). When I search for the program, the search results only show the listings from Oxygen. How am I the only one here to notice/complain about this? Can someone please do a few searches from their locals and confirm this bug? Thanks."

Thank you, again.

Yes I did a search for Home Improvement and One Life to Live. It showed search results on local and national channels.

boba, thank you for getting that reference :)

Kaydigi, thank you very much for checking. And you're sure you have the latest software version?

Also, can any other members please try a few searches as well? It's just too bizarre of a thing (that happened only after the software update) to be a coincidence or a fluke on my receiver. Perhaps people in the Chicago area whose locals are on the 110 satellite? Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Thank you, SteveC. I guess this is an anomaly on my receiver then. I don't want to send it back because I have a lot of stuff in the recorder that I haven't watched yet, so I guess I'll just wait for the next software version and hope that does something to fix the problem. Thanks again.

Thank you, SteveC. I guess this is an anomaly on my receiver then. I don't want to send it back because I have a lot of stuff in the recorder that I haven't watched yet, so I guess I'll just wait for the next software version and hope that does something to fix the problem. Thanks again.

They need to make 4.13 quickly.

DIsh Free Antenna Deal

Programming Guide Not Correct

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts