Does the Uplink Center (forum) have a complete list of transponders, etc?

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
The Uplink Center (forum) is an incredible resource for finding out what's changing on Dish Network, but is there a complete list of their transponders and channels, etc? (that gets updated each time they make a new uplink, etc?)asdf

Last edited:
Thanks! Thatis VERY useful and I didn't even know it existed!

Quick question though... what's a channel mirror and a channel remap?

I'm a software developer and I started researching DVB-S and I find it absolutely fascinating. Is there any more information out there on this stuff besides what's listed? I'm also thinking about putting up a C-band dish for FTA signalls (and to fool around looking at the MPEG transport streams/tables, etc).

EDIT: It looks like dishuser.org has a lot of good information too... is most of that up-to-date?

Last edited:
a channel mirror is the same program but "mapped" on different channel numbers
channel remap is when a HD channel is "remapped" to another number

examples....
channel mirror....Dish carries the National feed of Ion (formerly Pax). In the markets where there is a Ion affiliate dish "mirrors" it. So they can have it show up on 100 different channel numbers but its only one stream bandwidth wise

channel remap....HD chanenls are in the 9400's but "remap" to the SD channel if you have HD. Another example is locals. Minneapolis locals in SD are channels 8570-8583. They "remap" to the actual OTA channels (2,4,5,9,etc)...

Thanks! I think I understand remaps. It just remaps one channel to another.

For example, G4 (ch. 191) has the following list:

191, G4, MPEG-4 SD
191, G4 [4191, 9408] (191), MPEG-4 HD

If I understand correctly, the second channel is broadcasting on ch. 4191 AND 9408 but is remapped to ch. 191 (so both SD and HD are on the same channel number). I'm not sure though why it's mirroring on both 4191 and 9408...

If I understand correctly, the second channel is broadcasting on ch. 4191 AND 9408 but is remapped to ch. 191 (so both SD and HD are on the same channel number)
correct. so folks who have HD only need to know one number

as for the dual numbering, and someone may correct me but Dish use to have the 9400 area for HD. Then they decided to make the mapping easier and just add a "4" in front of the numbering system so the numbering is close. You have to look sometimes at the beam as Hawaii/Alaska/Puerto Rico have HD on spotbeams for their area. Those HD channels are in a different numbering system and are in the 5000's

Dish Sling Adapter keyboard commands

DSM-3022 Sat Meter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)