Does hopper need different dish?

bassmaster911

Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Missouri
I was told that the hopper will take a special dish to work but old receivers will work on this new dish. I am curious because I am thinking of getting a 2 hopper set up and on occasion using the second hopper in a camper with my old satellite...would this work or will I need to source a new dish? Thanks.

I was told that the hopper will take a special dish to work but old receivers will work on this new dish. I am curious because I am thinking of getting a 2 hopper set up and on occasion using the second hopper in a camper with my old satellite...would this work or will I need to source a new dish? Thanks.
What do you have for current equipment? The Hopper is a HDTV receiver so it needs a High definition dish to receive all the broadcasting you would be paying for. Yes the hopper can process signals from any dish with correct equipment added to the old equipment DP LNB & single or dual node.

I have my install scheduled for Friday of this week. I am going to have 1h/1j installed as of now. If I ordered a second hopper would it be possible to use it for the occasional camping trip if so what additional equipment would I need? Does it take a certain dish?

I have my install scheduled for Friday of this week. I am going to have 1h/1j installed as of now. If I ordered a second hopper would it be possible to use it for the occasional camping trip if so what additional equipment would I need? Does it take a certain dish?
You have asked the same question twice and posted no information about the existing equipment. The only answer is to tell you to buy all new equipment.

You have asked the same question twice and posted no information about the existing equipment. The only answer is to tell you to buy all new equipment.

Sorry, I don't have any equipment. The install is scheduled for this Friday. I am wanting to know what it would take to occasionally use a second hopper for camping. What addition parts will I need to bring the second receiver with me? Thanks

Sorry, I don't have any equipment. The install is scheduled for this Friday. I am wanting to know what it would take to occasionally use a second hopper for camping. What addition parts will I need to bring the second receiver with me? Thanks

If you want to go with the expense of the additional Hopper just duplicate the equipment installed on Fri. then everything will match when switching from home to camping.

So what do I need? How much should it cost?
Free install covers your home installation. Installation at another location comes out of your pocket. My suggestion is to install the same equipment as you have installed at home. Until the install is completed at your home you won't know exactly what equipment you need. You can shop ebay, Solid signal, a local retailer, or any place you want for the equipment. Your cost is going to depend on how good a shopper you are. So "patience grasshopper" if you are old enough to remember the movie.

You can use a 500 or 1000 dish for your hopper at the campsite. The hopper can read off of either dish you will just have to run a checkswitch at both locations... However the hopper requires a node, which other receivers don't use. To fully utilize your hopper install a 1000.2 or 1000.4 dish with two lines from the lnb to the node. Depending on the tree coverage at your campsite however, you may need to utilize standard def.

You can use a 500 or 1000 dish for your hopper at the campsite. The hopper can read off of either dish you will just have to run a checkswitch at both locations... However the hopper requires a node, which other receivers don't use. To fully utilize your hopper install a 1000.2 or 1000.4 dish with two lines from the lnb to the node. Depending on the tree coverage at your campsite however, you may need to utilize standard def.

Thanks thats what I was looking for.

The Hopper doesn't require a node to function. If you can't get your hands on another solo node, you can just run a straight line from any DPP lnb into the Hopper. You'll only have access to two tuners instead of three. (Record two at the same time, instead of three) That may not be an issue since you're just in the RV. If you just have to have three tuners, or as Curandero stated, to fully utilize the Hopper, then you'll need the node.

Receivers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)