Does anybody out there get .....

robertjp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
Upstate NY
Does anybody out there get detailed programming info on the guide for "local digitals" Im confused. Some of you guys are saying you get it OTA and some are saying it has to come from dish but the 811 doesnt support this yet. Does anybody have the real scoop?

The current software for the 811 gets guide info for local digital channels from dish. Only if dish carries your local analog channels and only if you are in one of the test markets at this time.

I have locals and an 811, and I only get guide info for 3 of the 7 local OTA digital stations. Guide info is complete for the Dish locals. Something doesn't add up.

mdonnelly said:
I have locals and an 811, and I only get guide info for 3 of the 7 local OTA digital stations. Guide info is complete for the Dish locals. Something doesn't add up.
Tell DISH. They need to know so they can fix before they give OTA guide info to all 811 subscribers.

Looks like P282 is due today to download on the 811, and it looks like the software will fix some bugs, I got these info from DBStalk:

* Fix for receiver reboot when powering on the receiver connected to a new Dish LCD television
* Zoom HD video output by 105% when DISH LCD display connected via DVI to correct certain underscan conditions
* Fixes to reduce occurrences of Black Screen with the Browse Banner displayed
* Fix to display correct system time when tuned to off-air channels
* Fix to prevent channel tuning while EPG download is occurring
* Additional EPG "Info Not Available" fixes
* Fix for inconsistent Tone on Point Dish screen

Comcast Chicago?? What about Philly?

P282 Release Notes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)