Does 80,82,86,88 go away with mpeg 4 dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aec4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Do those channels go away? I think I heard them may, but I hope so, since 1 of my boxes will not be a new HD box and I want to get those channels.

Would they go away on the H20? I also hope not. I would want a "backup" in case the mpeg 4 is not working right.

aec4 said:
Do those channels go away? I think I heard them may, but I hope so, since 1 of my boxes will not be a new HD box and I want to get those channels.
Would they go away on the H20? I also hope not. I would want a "backup" in case the mpeg 4 is not working right.

So far on my KA/KU dish installs the locals are still coming in there. This is in the NJ area

It has been said that after a majority of the MPEG4 conversion happens, and that will be on going through this year and some of 2007, THEN the national HD networks would go away. Only time well tell, and we are no where near that point. But what since would it make to leave them there?

str8poolbanger said:
So far on my KA/KU dish installs the locals are still coming in there. This is in the NJ area
You do NJ installs? You may be coming here on Monday. I'm still undecided on putting the dish up but DirecTV agreed to swap out my Toshiba DST3000 with a H20 for free. They said if I want thedish, great, if not, great.

Frankly, I'm worried about my diplexing situation for cable/phone from Cablevision and reception issues, since we FINALLY got the reception working properly 3 months ago. The bozo who put the 3rd LNB on our dish a couple years back didn't do it right and it took lots of yelling and screaming to get DirecTV to send someone here. 4 people came over that span, and 3 refused to even go on the roof and see what was going on. "It's the trees, there is nothing we can do." was what they said and left, within 5 minutes. The 4th guy looked around and said, "The trees may be an issue, but it takes no effort to check" and he went up and checked.. What did he see? The trees are NO ISSUE and the dish was F'ed up. He swapped out the old dish with the 3rd LNB put into it with a new 3 LNB dish and my 60-75 signal strength jumped to 96 on almost all transponders.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RC24 Remote, ? on RF Programming

Updating Samsung DirectTV Tivo Unit software

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts