Disney/ESPN & DIRECTV Reach Deal

My $20 hit my account immediately. People having issues and not seeing it are most likely bundled accounts with AT&T. I never bundled my account because of all the issues with AT&T billing in the past.

Previous disputes, it takes the 1-2 billing cycles to show up for bundled accounts.

My account acts like it is bundled. They put me over on AT&T billing. But I am not bundled with anything.
My account is through DIRECTV and not AT&T and it is not bundled with anything else and I got the credit applied to my account immediately.

Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 12.55.33 PM.png

Reactions: dtv757
To be fair, almost everything goes up every year in this business,

Dish just announced their increase for one example, DirecTV will announce theirs soon enough, does that mean it's DirecTV wanting more $, as you phased it for Disney.
Of Course, its for wanting More Money ...
And everyone that uses that as an excuse, so we can afford to keep the same services, product that you have Always had ....

I'm sure its true for the most part, actors want more money, writers want more money, so and so wants more money, it doesn't cost more for what is already there .... its greed, they do it because they CAN .

It will Never stop.

My D* bill started at $ 40 in the late 90's.
Now you can add about a $100 to that ... yes, things have been upgraded in some years, but mostly, its CEO's and others like that, that like Several Billion dollar bonusses ...

IF you giving out those type of bonusses out then you being Very Greedy with the customer.

Last edited:

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C_WJkWzyIqK/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CldJNLZjNtm/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
(Old clip)

The ESPN GameDay Tour Bus uses DIRECTV. Looks like multiple HR24's, H24/25's with RC6x series remotes. It's probably a mobile RV account because in a previous video you could see WABC-TV 7 NY on the TV in the background. I'm actually surprised ESPN doesn't have DISH as a backup/alternate option for the GameDay Bus especially for in-motion HD channels.

In the meantime with the dispute, Kirk is using YouTube TV.

Here is alist of the channels removed from DIRECTV Satellite by the Disney Dispute,
, Channel 466, ESPN Deportes HD
that one hurt , usually if its just my local ABC (tenga) i can watch the Spanish feed.
but because this is with the parent company both are blocked :(

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C_WJkWzyIqK/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CldJNLZjNtm/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
(Old clip)

The ESPN GameDay Tour Bus uses DIRECTV. Looks like multiple HR24's, H24/25's with RC6x series remotes. It's probably a mobile RV account because in a previous video you could see WABC-TV 7 NY on the TV in the background. I'm actually surprised ESPN doesn't have DISH as a backup/alternate option for the GameDay Bus especially for in-motion HD channels.

In the meantime with the dispute, Kirk is using YouTube TV.

Of course he would take a shot at DTV as he is being paid by abc/espn/disney.I guess customers should pay more so him and fowler can live a bit more comfortably.....

Reactions: Ken_984
Can almost feel a tangible shift in the market with this dispute, and you can see signs of this shift elsewhere:

View: https://www.threads.net/@jacobfeldman/post/C_dgVI0xZvc?xmt=AQGzuFaYHtj4M8PlqwnrQMUG6_Juj9W1Gwh2l76H3GB_yA

Yes I think this is going to cause a shift. DTV does not appear to want to give in to the status quo. They know once ESPN has it's own service up, DTV is not needed for most people. The distributor becomes useless other than making it easier to use in 1 app and potentially some price discounts.

Disney doesn't want to do that yet. It would take their guaranteed revenue away and make them earn their money.

With the shift to remove original programing, other than cheap reality shows, from all cable channels, most of these channels are worthless. Sports is the only thing people cannot get elsewhere at this moment. I may suspend my DTV account in a few weeks when the Youtube TV trial is up and not ever come back to Satellite. DTV knows people won't be coming back if they are happy with Youtube / Hulu live. It is a lot cheaper without the RSN fees, DVR, receiver, taxes, etc.

If you need RSNs, unfortunately you are going to be fleeced.

If you need RSNs, unfortunately you are going to be fleeced.
RSNs do not have much life left in them.

With the news released yesterday, that Cable/Satellite have only 50 Million subscribers (and that includes all of DirecTV) left.

Then you add in about 1 Million Fubo subscribers, but you minus Dish.that leaves the availability of RSNs to 45 Million nationwide

Then how many of that 45 Million have packages that do not carry the RSNs, like Entertainment, or Spectrum least expensive package, Comcast is only offering the RSNs on their highest tier.

So that drops it down another 10 Million subscribers at least, so only about 35 Million are receiving the RSN and with that, the per sub fee.

In 2017, about 100 Million Subscribers were paying the per sub fee for the RSNs.

New Genie Menus Coming in July