Dishnetwork Might Get Sold Soon, or Merged

A few weeks back I think, DISH announced a one-time dividend for stock holders of record payable on Dec. 9 or so I believe. The date initially seemed kind of arbitrary (to me, at least, but I'm not much into business...). Reading through this thread tonight has me thinking about that date again and I wanted to get some other thoughts here.

Does anyone think that the kind of action being discussed in this thread could possibly be upcoming possibly after the pay date? The payout would award early DISH investors cash while the money's still available (depending on the type of deal that might occur, I guess...). Since growing companies like DISH don't normally offer much in the way of dividends, I was wondering if the div. announcement could be used as a way of raising a stocks price just before some type of stock-involved deal occurs (not sure if that's legal or not, though...)

Anyone more financial-minded have any thoughts? Any possible relevance here to what you've been discussing?

A side question ... would Disney be interested in having distribution capability like TW & News do?

Stryf3 said:
Your point is well taken with one exception, IBM's customer service(call center) is widely held as the best in any industry.
Well, I was talking about software, not hardware. But even then, I can refute the statement in at least one market segment and timeframe. Amdahl, (the original "clone' boxes ;) ) circa 1978-1988. Of course, 'clone' might not be the right word considering that Dr. A was the chief architect on the IBM mainframes before he struck out on his own.

Software Update by Christmas???

DVR 522 - Changing timed record tuner selection on the fly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)