dishnetwork 311 receiver

bikey121

Original poster
Sep 13, 2004
hi everyone! i just signed on and am new here.i was hoping someone could help with some questions i have.
i have 2 311(these have built in cards) receivers already...am moving soon to a larger house and would like to add at least 1 more if not 2. my questions are...if i buy the receiver(s) off ebay and the quad lnb and hook them up myself will i still need to activate the new receivers?i already pay $98 a month.also what are the risks involved in buying used ones and the balance that may be owed. i dont hook any of mine to a phone line as it is not required.
last question is anyone familiar with the terk clip on antenna and how well do they work??
thank you in advance!!!

It seems you already understand the cautions about buying a used receiver, and YES, they DO have to be activated.

MAYBE a Quad LNB is the right answer - maybe NOT. Depends on where your locals are (if you're going to use them), or if you want other special programming. For example, maybe you need a DP34 with a SuperDish or 2nd dish.

I don't know anything to peak of about OTA antennas - other than it ALL depends on where you are in relation to the transmitters.

Finally, consider this possibility. Cancel YOUR account, and have your spouse (or mom or whomever) open the new one using DHA and get yourself at least a 522. ;)

I don't know enough about your situation, so can't make a solid recomendation, but it's something to think about.

I have a terk 44 clip on antenna. I am using it with a dishpro quad and it has enough inputs and outputs to do all 4 cable runs. I get excellent reception on both analog and hd stations with my sd and hd dvrs. I am about 25 miles out from all of my stations. I think the terk 44 works well in suburban areas within a 40 mile radius. It is omnidirectional which helps greatly . I did have to adjust it to get good reception on all my stations ,especially my hd digital channels. I would stay away from the terk42 though because it is not amplified like the terk 44. I couldn't get much with the terk42. I bought the terk 44 at Radioshack for under 89.00.

Dish DVR 510 Cabling Questions

921 not the cause of the problem in DEtroit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)