Dishnet's Zap2it program problems

pakkratt

Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
I have been trying to access Zap2it all morning but Norton Internet Security program keeps giving me this message:

"Reported Attack Page!

This web page at tvlistings.zap2it.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners."

Prior to this morning I've used Zap2it extensively without a problem. Does anyone else have this problem? Did something in Norton get scrambled overnight? My browser is Mozilla Firefox.

I've run into that before on another forum. Since I knew the site was good, I turned off the "Block Reported Attack Sites"

Tools-options-security-uncheck "Block Reported Attack Sites"

I've run into that before on another forum. Since I knew the site was good, I turned off the "Block Reported Attack Sites"

Tools-options-security-uncheck "Block Reported Attack Sites"

with Firefox, you can also set an exception for that site. as matt has pointed out, in the security tab you can click on exceptions, then add TV Listings Guide and TV Schedule, Where to Watch TV Shows - Zap2it and click allow. i have a local news station that needed an exception.

Thanks for all the advice. Changed Firefox, also went to a programing page of Dish's and found a URL to access Zap2it which worked OK. Benchmarked that site. Problem solved!

They had a message on the Zap2it site that said they had been hacked this morning with malicious code. They claimed to have the code removed and servers fixed now.

cant find food network star ondemand

Hard Drive Failure - Error 311 - on my 722 ViP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)