Dish won't actvate my Dish 625 because...

This is the biggest problems with both arc's. EA should have been mpeg-2 and mpeg-4 or Dish should stop leasing and selling receivers that are only mpeg-2. They are already obsolete. Since I am on the EA and it only stupidly does mpeg-4 we had to upgrade all of my receivers to a 612 DVR since it can do mpeg-4 even though two of our sets are SDTV's. They will be upgraded to HDTV's soon so we are future proof.

310's, 512's and 625's are already obsolete as they only do mpeg-2 and the EA is mpeg-4. They are not future proof but obsolete and will be when WA goes mpeg-4 which I have a feeling will be before the middle of the decade.

If the op was on 110/119 then the receiver should have activated just fine.imho if ya don't mind having extra dishes have both arcs.That way you can have mpeg-2 and mpeg-4 receivers on your account.We have to do it that way here because of older legacy receivers.

That is what i do. I have an EA on one side of my house and a WA on the other side. I have mpeg-4 receivers but switch between the arcs certain times of the year because of los issues due to leaves on trees.

Dish Sling Adapter connection failure

1000.4 pointing for Buffalo, NY?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)