Dish Whole Home DVR Timeframe - Am I the only one seriously disappointed?

Second of all, I wish Dish would stop announcing all these great products before they are even in production. Why can't they ever show off anything and say its available in the next few days or coming weeks? Seriously, it just pisses me off because eventhough they say Christmass, its probably not going to be till around this time next year.

To be fair they did not announce at CES but at a dealer show. Just because the news leaked out instantly, does not mean they really publicly announced it. Only a small percent of Dish customers will have heard about it before Dish starts marketing it. They have to give dealers like yourself an idea of what they are working on and instill some confidence that they will eventually have a solution.

With the present hardware I have installed I can get much of the whole house DVR functionality that people seem so interested in.

I have the modulator on one 211 receiver set to Channel 3 and the second receiver set to Channel 4, The receivers are linked with RG 6. If I want to watch something the downstairs TV I just switch the input on my upstairs TV to CATV and select channel 4. Then I can watch anything recorded downstairs. If I want to get fancy I can use the Sling Application on my I-Phone to control the downstairs TV. Switch the downstairs TV and I can watch the upstairs EHD.

Yes it isn't HD but in the USVI many of the movie channels as listed in my channel guide as subscribed and in HD aren't available so that is not a disadvantage in my situation. If I used this capability often I could use an HMDI splitter and run some long cables. I could also install an IR remote extender.

An advantage of my setup is that if one of my receivers should crap out I still can watch TV on all three of my TVs. This is important as in the USVI over night delivery of a replacement receiver would take several days.

I personally would not pay a great deal extra for an whole house DVR as I have found I don't use it. I do use the DVRs daily, but I record sports and the History channel on one for my viewing and movies, cooking and home decorating shows on the other for my wife's amusement. She doesn't want to be in the same room when sports are on. Un American on her part, but then she wasn't born in the USA.

I love to play with gadgets and may end up someday with an 813 but only because I like to tinker.

Jim

..... Why can't they ever show off anything and say its available in the next few days or coming weeks? Seriously, it just pisses me off because eventhough they say Christmass, its probably not going to be till around this time next year.

Because if they announced it so late, lots of people would complain that they just got model X and now Dish puts out model Y, which they would have gotten if they had known, so Dish was just cheating them by dumping "old" stock, etc etc etc. And didn't they said November?

To be fair they did not announce at CES but at a dealer show. Just because the news leaked out instantly, does not mean they really publicly announced it. Only a small percent of Dish customers will have heard about it before Dish starts marketing it. They have to give dealers like yourself an idea of what they are working on and instill some confidence that they will eventually have a solution.

I thought they had a press conference at Team Summit to announce it?

RV-MH,A/B Switch,3 Satellite System

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)