Dish Pro 500 in Brasil

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mavro6000

Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
brasil
Guys,
I just moved down to Brasil. I was living in the USA and I was getting the dish network signal at Home. I had the DP Pro 500 and I had the signals from 110/119 Satellites.

I moved down to Brasil and now the only satellite that I am able to receive the signal is satellite "amazonas". DO I need to buy a new LNB? Or can I still use the DP 500 LNB?

Hi, what were you hoping to receive? What receiver are you planing to use?

Looks like there is quite a lot of FTA available from Amazonas 1, Hispasat and you might even be able to receive MSMBC for state side news from Telstar 12.

All these satellites require a FTA Ku dish and linear LNB (the Dish 500 will not work).

Hope this helps, DC

Hi, what were you hoping to receive? What receiver are you planing to use?

Looks like there is quite a lot of FTA available from Amazonas 1, Hispasat and you might even be able to receive MSMBC for state side news from Telstar 12.

All these satellites require a FTA Ku dish and linear LNB (the Dish 500 will not work).

Hope this helps, DC

So I need to buy an FTA KU Dish. Thanks. I thought that my Dish from Dish Network with DP Pro 500 would work here. I guess I was wrong. Thanks again.

you need at least a 36" dish for free to air. Dish Network dishes would not work for free to air even here in the US

you need at least a 36" dish for free to air. Dish Network dishes would not work for free to air even here in the US

When I lived in the states, I had paid service for dish. And in Brasil there equipment sucks so I prefer to use the AZ Box. I have a signed subscription with the company that offer me the plans, but they provided me with the card for nagra 3. I want to do my install, because I do not like people in my house that I do not know, especially in South America.

And if there is any "Humble Pie" left, I'll take a double helping.

Yes, I WAS calling my question dumb, and thought myself really dumb with your answer. I THOUGHT you were trying to get D* in South America.

Hey, it's all good, and thanks for the defense Anole and Tucan-Man.

Mavro6000, no problem, let's just all have a good time.

Photto

The LNB on the Dish 500, is designed for circular polarized signals.
Amazonas transmits Ku signals polarized Vertical & Horizontal, not Right & Left.
Also, from what I can gatther on Lyngsat and SatStar web sites, the tiny size of the Dish 500 would not catch enough signal.
So, the recommendations above for a 90cm (36") dish, and matching LNBf would be a good starting point.

Now for other satellites you might also receive down there, I've not looked them up.
Some were mentioned above, and you should ask locally to find out what other birds might have free signals on them.
Then, check SatStar and get an indication of what dish size would be suitable.
I'd hate to recommend 90cm, if you could actually get more useful programming on a 1m dish. - :cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directtv slimline for FTA...Success

A Big Thank You

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)