Dish Pro 500 hookup to 322 rcvr

HowCo

Original poster
Nov 17, 2010
Renton Wa
Hi: I'm a newbie here. We are presently in wintering in our RV. I've taken the 322 recvr from home, along with a, (freebie), Dish 500 Sat. dish. The lnb is a dual Dish Pro, with 119 & 110 labeled on housing, having only one cable output per lnb. I have a basic question. Can I hook this directly to my recvr with one cable, or do I need two cables, or is it more involved then that? Any help appreciated. (the 322 has dual tuners).:confused:

I think that is called a DishPro "twin" LNB and integrated switch. This LNB assembly requires two cables to feed a dual-tuner receiver. Alternative #1: add a DPP33 switch. Alternative #2: replace the DishPro twin with a DishPro Plus twin.

One cable to tuner 1, and one cable to tuner 2? (there's not a direct hookup that will work?)

Last edited:
Yes, that's right. What's not direct about it? This is as direct as you can get! The DishPro twin has an internal switch, so both 322 tuners can select either satellite. If you can't or won't run a 2nd cable from the dish, then use alternative #1 or #2.

Thanks for the input. I can run another cable, but was hesitant to make a hole in my RV. May look at the switch option.

Before you go with alternative #2 (replacing DishPro with DishPro Plus twin) make sure that's not already what you have! If you take it off the arm, a DishPro Plus will have 2 outputs and 1 input jack for a total of 3 jacks. The regular DishPro has only 2 jacks as you stated in the OP.

Injunction lifted....now what?

International Price Changes Coming 11/11/10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)