Dish Pointing Counsel Needed

jsh2410

Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
virginia
I have a dish 1000.2 pointed to 110/119/129 and a wing dish pointed to 61.5 (where most internationals used to be). I am thinking about adding some internationals located on 118.7. Dish, of course, wants to upgrade the 1000.2 to a 1000Plus. Can I instead just repoint my wing dish to 118.7?

On the receiver, is the "118" option in the point dish screen the same as 118.7? I assume so but wanted to be sure. On a similar vein is the "72" option really 72.7?

Finally I presume the procedure is to get close using the appropriate azimuth, elevation, & skew nums and then use the point dish screen on the receiver to maximize the signal strength. Anything I'm missing here?

thanks to all. Not exactly sure what a FSS satellite is but I expect it has something to do with the way the signal is modulated or something like that. Nonetheless, I do understand that my existing equip is not compatable with 118.7 and will require an upgrade. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

PS found out what the FSS sat was.....different frequency and weaker signal and hence a bigger dish. thanks again.
FSS - Fixed Satellite Service
DBS - Direct Broadcast Satellite

Both types of satellites use the Ku band frequency but different parts of it in the Americas. FSS uses 11.7-12.2 GHz range, while DBS uses the 12.2-12.7 GHz range. Also, FSS satellites use a less powerful signal than their DBS counterparts. That's why you usually need at least a 30 inch dish to pickup a FSS satellite, while needing only an 18 inch dish for a single DBS satellite.​

HD Channels Not On 61.5

TV Everywhere

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts