Dish Platinum required for HD Theater?

Zorlac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 30, 2004
Iowa
Hello all, just a quick question. Im upgrading to HD and one channel I'd really like is HD Theater. But I didnt see it listed in the Top 200 HD package channel list. But I see its in the Dish Platinum package for an extra $10. So in order to get HDT I have to get this platinum package?

Also curious if I have to replace the actual Dish/switch in order to get HD?

Last edited:
HD Theater requires HD Platinum.

Going to HD requires a new dish that will serve up to three receivers.

Depending on what receivers you have, some or all of them may need to be upgraded.

In order to be able to watch any HD channels you would need a compatible receiver and DISH antenna. I can take a look at your account and let you know what you would need in order to add Dish Platinum on your account. Just send me a PM with your account number.

If you get on WA (110 119 129) check out channel 5710... ;)

Yes, I have the EA, but also 110/119 and didn't realize HD Theater was only available at 5710 on the WA as I never looked to see what sat it was coming from. So if you have the WA, or at least the 110 sat, you do not need the Platinum pack, at least as of this time, to see HD Theater. At 5710 it is labeled "TEST"

Also can have a look at 9421 for the guide info (will need to look at "all channels.") Just set a manual timer for 5710.

Yeah, I just mean you can see whats on in the guide on 9421, then schedule manual timers for 5710.

Apparently, on October 4, 2011, HD Theater will be rebranded as Velocity, a network for men. Will be interesting to see what happens to 5710 at that time. My guess is that it will go bye bye, as I somehow doubt that Discovery will require that to be available to everyone.

Good point. Have to see what the programming is like after the change. And who knows about 5710 at that point....

FOX BROADCASTING ANNOUNCES NEW WINDOW FOR FREE STREAMING OF NETWORK PROGRAMMING

Gospel Music Network. Just posted on FB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts