Dish OTA adapter with more than 2 tuners?

marklyn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 24, 2023
Austin, Tx
Is there a Dish OTA adapter with more than 2 channel recording capability? I have a Dish branded OTA adapter that I purchased when I set up service in May 2023 but I can only record 2 OTA channels at once. Is there another make/model that allows for at least 4 recordings at once?

Is there a Dish OTA adapter with more than 2 channel recording capability? I have a Dish branded OTA adapter that I purchased when I set up service in May 2023 but I can only record 2 OTA channels at once. Is there another make/model that allows for at least 4 recordings at once?
Unfortunately no. Many of us wish there would be a 4 tuner version but it's not going to happen.

There is the 4 tuner Next Gen ota dvr: Tablo that record 4 shows at the same time. There is also the more expensive 4 tuner ota dvr: AirTV Anywhere that can be used with or without Sling TV. I have both of them and they work reliably and the Air TV Anywhere ota dvr can integrate into the Sling TV app and it is all in one place. Even if you have no programming with Sling TV there is Free Sling channels that you can watch with ads. I prefer the TABLO if I had to pick one. It has a good interface and is easy to use and no monthly fees for the Tablo or the Air Tv Anywhere device.

www.tablotv.com

www.airtv.net/products/airtv-anywhere/

***You can buy Air TV anywhere device from Amazon too. If it no longer is offered on the Air Tv website.

There is the 4 tuner Next Gen ota dvr: Tablo that record 4 shows at the same time. There is also the more expensive 4 tuner ota dvr: AirTV Anywhere that can be used with or without Sling TV. I have both of them and they work reliably and the Air TV Anywhere ota dvr can integrate into the Sling TV app and it is all in one place. Even if you have no programming with Sling TV there is Free Sling channels that you can watch with ads. I prefer the TABLO if I had to pick one. It has a good interface and is easy to use and no monthly fees for the Tablo or the Air Tv Anywhere device.

www.tablotv.com

www.airtv.net/products/airtv-anywhere/

***You can buy Air TV anywhere device from Amazon too. If it no longer is offered on the Air Tv website.
Interesting, but have some questions that I couldn't find on their website.
Can the Tablo OTA's in any way be incorporated into Dish's guide? (guessing no)
Does the Tablo have other streaming apps on the device or is it used by using a tablo app on another device (ie: roku)?
The second question is relevent if I wanted to replace my chromecast in my bedroom and yet have ability to stream Netflix, Hulu, etc, all from the tablo device or app.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Interesting, but have some questions that I couldn't find on their website.
Can the Tablo OTA's in any way be incorporated into Dish's guide? (guessing no)
No
Does the Tablo have other streaming apps on the device or is it used by using a tablo app on another device (ie: roku)?
You use the Tablo on a streaming device, first you install the app, then view.
The second question is relevent if I wanted to replace my chromecast in my bedroom and yet have ability to stream Netflix, Hulu, etc, all from the tablo device or app.
Recommend the new Roku Ultra, everything works perfectly, including Tablo.

HDNet Movies - commercials and censoring

Joey 4 just shuts off, then gives message, that Broadband Connection Lost