DISH NFL schedule

flyboymd

Original poster
Aug 29, 2004
I am trying to decide between DISH and Direct TV, and it boils down to NFL schedules. Does anyone know if the Fox Sports Network Midwest channel will carry the St. Louis Rams games that are listed as being covered by Fox? Also, is there an NFL schedule for DISH anywhere? Thanks from a definite first-timer.

Unless the game would be shown on your local CBS, FOX or ABC station or ESPN you're not going to see it anywhere else. E* doesn't show any other games then what would be available via over the air or ESPN. Sorry

Also, understand that only DirecTV has NFL Sunday Ticket. DirecTV has quite a bit more football than Dish. As a matter of fact, I think DirecTV has an exclusive contract with the NFL for the Sunday Ticket deal for several more years.

flyboymd said:
I am trying to decide between DISH and Direct TV, and it boils down to NFL schedules. Does anyone know if the Fox Sports Network Midwest channel will carry the St. Louis Rams games that are listed as being covered by Fox? Also, is there an NFL schedule for DISH anywhere? Thanks from a definite first-timer.

The regional Fox sports nets are not allowed to carry live regular season NFL football. So FSN-Midwest is not going to get it for you. If you live in the St. Louis dma then both providers offer the locals from St. Louis and that should get you all the games.

Directv does have the Ticket but if all you want is the Rams, that seems an expensive route to take.

Good luck.

Stacy A said:
:D He He He. You are right. I absolutely forgot: you have to take out a secxond mortgage on your home to get it. I'm not a DirecTV subscriber, so I forget these things. :)

A years worth of E* channel 496 would more then cover NFL-ST :D

distant local NFL games

If the team you want to watch is on a distant local channel and you qualify for distant locals it is much cheaper to pay $1.50 per month for one channel than $200-250 for NFL tickek. My son likes the Greenbay Packers so I buy the Chicago Fox channel as a distant local. Total cost $18 per year! :)

Cyclone said:
Uhm, don't forget the mention the additional $219 surcharge for NFL coverage to the guy.

http://www.directvsports.com/Packages/NFLSundayTicket/

Actually, NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV is $250. But...and it's a BIG but...If he's a new customer, he'll get 4 months free of TC Premier (the whole nine yards package), which is worth $360. Not a bad deal, especially if one was thinking of getting NFL-ST anyway!

atvman said:
If the team you want to watch is on a distant local channel and you qualify for distant locals it is much cheaper to pay $1.50 per month for one channel than $200-250 for NFL tickek. My son likes the Greenbay Packers so I buy the Chicago Fox channel as a distant local. Total cost $18 per year! :)

But wouldn't the Bears be on FOX most of the time?

Also, its a shame your son likes such a loser team :D
(Vikes fan here so I had to say it) :)

There are 3 games that Greenbay and Chicago are playing at the same time other than when they play each other. But those games may be on my New York Locals or my Maine locals. He may not see every game but the price is alot cheaper. Gotta love those New England Patriots! Superbowl champs twice in 3 years.

I think I'll be in pretty good shape this football season, I have the following:

ESPN
ABC-Norfolk
CBS-Norfolk
CBS-New York
CBS-Los Angeles
FOX-Norfolk
FOX-Chicago
FOX-Atlanta

Should see several different games each weekend. Hopefully the Cowboys will be frequently shown. GO BOYS!!

Dish Movers Question

ARRRGgg....I lost part of the Olympics (208 and 209)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)