Dish network with UHF output to 2 tv's

luvbigones

Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
midwest
Hello, I have dish network with the receiver that outputs to a UHF channel to use 2 tv's off of one receiver.

Anyway, I have a Skywalker Diplexer mini, model sky23501. It has 1 in/out on top and then a satellite power pass and antenna on the bottom.

anyway I added another tv and would like to share the uhf part in another room, because I would not be in both rooms at one time and figured this is the easiest to do. I hooked up a 900 Mhz splitter with 1 input and 2 outputs but the picture is very snowy. Do I need to use a 2300 Mhz instead? Is there a replacement you know of that replaces the original Skywalker Diplexer mini with hookups for 2 tv's?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time.

If it only got snowy after installing the splitter, the diplexer is fine. I would try a better quality, higher freq splitter

I will order one and try it out.
once you install the new splitter, check your connnections. On occasion, poor fittings will result in poor video quality.
Now, I have split sigs like this a whole bunch of times. There are some homes with enough terrestrial interference that it is not possible to acquire a good video signal through a splitter.
One other thing to try....Set your tv 2 modulator to a lower channel.
find a low channel that is as far from occupied channels over the air as possible.
For example. In this market there is a station operating on ch 18 and one operating on ch 30.....I would use ch 24 for a low channel if I expereinced poor video.

Quick question!

Learning Remote won't learn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)