DISH Network to sell through Ultimate Electronics stores

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
This is cool I buy stuff from Ultimate Electronics every now and then.

DISH Network to sell through Ultimate Electronics stores: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

Monday October 29, 5:39 pm ET

Ultimate Electronics has inked a deal with DISH Network to offer the satellite TV company's products and services in all of its 32 superstores.
Ultimate is based in Colorado and has stores in New Mexico, as well as Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada and Oklahoma.

David Smith, senior vice president with Ultimate, said the deal is a natural fit with his company's current business model of offering a large selection of high-definition televisions.

"This agreement makes Ultimate Electronics a one-stop shop for all high-definition television needs," he said.

Nicholas Jessen, director of sales for EchoStar Communications Corp. (NASDAQ: DISH - News), which owns the DISH Network, said his company is expanding its suite of high-definition programming, so it is important to gain access to consumers who are purchasing HDTVs and searching for HD programming. DISH offers 75 HD channels an d has 13.58 million satellite TV customers.

I bought my first Dish Network system from Ultimate (at the time called Soundtrack) 10 years ago. By around 2001, Soundtrack had dropped all support for Dish and it made it hard to get hardware upgrades from Dish since they said I had to go to my installing dealer.

Those stores closed here too.
My first dish reciever(5000) was from ultimate. Then they discontinued selling Dish brand.Like stated above,then it was difficult to get service.

DPP44 or D1000.2

Dish Removes Some Greek Channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)